Haier HLP24E 1.5 cu. ft. Portable Washer with Stainless Steel Drum and Pulsator Wash System Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

haier-america-tradin

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2631 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1124 customers
    4.3 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 3 customers
    5.0 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1504 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• 800 RPM Maximum Spin Speed
  • Clear plastic window with Hinged Lid, Product Dimensions - 20.1(D)x 35.5(H) x 19.7(W) inches
  • Electronic Control - LED Display
  • 4 Wash Cycles
  • 2 Special Options - Rinse & Spin, Spin Only
  • 4 Water Levels
  • Single Water Hose Connection
  • Quick Connect Sink Adapter Included
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Starlight :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

67 people found the following review helpful

HLP24E - not really portable

My review is specific to the HLP24E Washer and not the earlier models. I live in a small apartment. Like many I purchased this washer to avoid trips to the laundromat. It does a decent job with washing except for my comments.

There has been a design change to this model and as a result it doesn’t have the portability that earlier models had. There are two “leveling feet” at the front of the washer. In the rear there are two fixed feet. I wanted to put casters on it. I use the washer in my small kitchen and store it in a bedroom when it is not being used. Customer service is very weak, you won’t be able to speak directly to tech support. They confirmed that you cannot put casters on the HLP24E. I had asked this question on Amazon…in one reply the person thought that casters might work on this model. Having lived with this model, I can answer my own question now. Unfortunately a really good product has been downgraded. This washer is not really portable. I guess you could put in on a dolly or use moving men pads.

This washer has nice features and several wash options. It is difficult to level it because the back feet are not adjustable. This washer works best on a level concrete floor. My kitchen is not perfectly level. I work to level it properly and there’s no problem during the wash cycle. On the spin cycle, it doesn’t take much for the load to become unbalanced. I am only washing small loads. There’s never more than one towel or sheet in each load. Within seconds the load becomes unbalanced, the washer starts making banging noises. I pause the spin cycle to redistribute the load but it becomes unbalanced again. If the load is still unbalanced the spin cycle stops and I have wait to get it going again.

This is only my second product review. The reason I write is to let others know that this model is not as portable as other models of the Haier washer.
I rated it 3 stars (it’s ok)
If you don’t intend to move the washer its 4 stars (I like it).
If you need to move the washer back and forth as I do then 2 stars (I don’t like it) would apply.
I gave it the benefit of the doubt and gave it 3 stars

Haier customer service MINUS- Star (unacceptable)

November 19, 2014
Update to my product review…

I removed one front wheel and took it to the local hardware store. They recommended Magic Sliders For Round Furniture Legs #04273. Fits Size Range 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" diameter round legs. Theses are exact fit on the legs. The front legs are easy to fit the sliders on. The rear legs don’t have as much material to work with. In both cases you have to slide the rubber top of the slider over the leg. Make sure the rubber top part is gripping the leg evenly. The washing machine slid nicely over my carpet and kitchen tiles. Unfortunately they didn’t always stay on. I cut a tiny piece of 3M double sided automotive tape and placed it on the center of the slider. Then I put a few small drops of household Goop on the rest of the slider. The double-sided tape may be overkill but I wanted a permanent solution.

I am very pleased with the operation of the washing machine. It has a lot of features for the price. It is very gentle on clothing. It fits my lifestyle nicely. I upgraded to a stainless steel hose and purchased the 36 month warranty. I purchased it at Walmart.com.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Haier HLP24E 1.5 cu. ft. Portable Washer with Stainless Steel Drum and Pulsator Wash System

Walmart Review by kayem23 :star::star::star::star::star:

177 people found the following review helpful

Great Little Washer!

Bought the Haier 8.8-lb. 1.46-cu. ft. Capacity Portable Top-Load Clothes Washer for my small apartment so I didn't have to lug my clothes to the laundry mat anymore. I hooked this right up to my kitchen sink, but found it would be in the way in my small kitchen and didn't want to keep moving it when i was done washing. I moved it to my bedroom and hooked it up to my bathroom sink. I have had this washer about a week and so far have done about 6 loads and it works great. It pretty much takes 2 loads of washing in this machine to equal 1 full size laundry basket of clothes. My first load I was able to put in 12 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and about 6 pairs of socks. I thought that was pretty good! I wear a size small tee shirt and size 6 pants so you can accurately get an idea of how much fits depending on size. I would def recommend this. Well worth the $$$

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Haier HLP24E 1.5 cu. ft. Portable Washer with Stainless Steel Drum and Pulsator Wash System

check out this youtube video

Haier HLP24E Review. Haier 1.5 Cu. Ft. Large Capacity Portable Washer HLP24E review [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UK7bqzvCc