HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer (Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit) (Certified Refurbished) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

hp

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 151 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 151 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• This Certified Refurbish product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging.
  • The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box.
  • Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbish products on Amazon.com Intel Core i5-3470 Processor 3.2 GHz, 6M cache, up to 3.6GHz, Integrated Intel HD Graphics, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600, 500GB Hard Drive
  • Slim/Small form factor Business Desktops & Workstations DVD ROM, Comes with mouse and keyboard
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Jack A Laughlin Jr :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

118 people found the following review helpful

Decent Specs, Works fine.. Just don't expect it to be in great shape or not smell.

Hardware - If you are looking for a decent, powerful workstation for normal desktop use (ie not gaming) then this is a good value. The i5 CPU in this machine is still plenty fast and you shouldn't have any problems with lag or speed. The 8GB of RAM is also nice especially this cheap.

These machines should be reliable for years to come but the included 5 year old Seagate Hard Drive would give me pause. With any older machine you start to worry about the mechanical hard drive after a period of time… this is no different. I factored in the purchase of a 250GB SSD into this which makes the machine fly even faster anyway.

Overall this makes more sense (at least to me) than buying a new machine that’s less powerful.

Condition: OK this is where things get dicey. The ad promises:

and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear.

Ha! They are literally grabbing these things from expired leases, re-imaging the drives with a default WIndows 10 and kicking them out the door… perhaps literally. Sure the machine had scratches and nicks… a bit more than ‘normal’ use but whatever. Definitely not ‘like new’. It also had a dented case… so bad the cover wouldn’t close without having someone bend the latch to make it fit. It’s going under the desk whatever I don’t care but this is hardly a well cared for re-manufacture this was done quick, cheap and dirty.

What really got me though was the smell. Out of the box this thing REEKED of curry. It was so bad it made the entire room smell like an Indian Restaurant. It took me about 3 days of a combo of Vinegar, Baking Soda and letting it ‘air’ out to get the smell down to acceptable levels. Obviously quality isn’t a big concern here.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for a cheap, decent desktop but don’t care if it looks like it was kicked down the stairs then stored in a box chicken tikka for 6 months then you’ll be OK.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer (Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit) (Certified Refurbished)

Check out this youtube video

Hp Desktops Computers // Best Sellers 2017

@michigan I like it, you should definitely buy it