HP Spectre x360 15t 15-AP012DX - 15.6" 4K UHD Touch - i7-6500U - 16GB - 256GB SSD Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

hp

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 910 customers
4.5 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar: by 9 customers
    3.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 901 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• EXCESS TS 15.6 i7 16G 256G W10
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by S. Bunker :star::star::star::star::star:

16 people found the following review helpful

Best laptop today still

I've owned this for five months now and it has replaced my macbook pro, but I keep the macbook for apple-only programs. The spectre 15t performs extremely fast, the mousepad is perfect (once you adjust the settings properly), the touchscreen is perfect and responsive, the rotation of the screen is quite fast, the lights on the keyboard can be turned off, the fan rarely turns on, it boots up in under 30 seconds, the 4k screen is nice, and I love that I can put it in tent-mode (or keyboard down mode) while watching movies on my bed.

It is bigger than the 13" so it is less comfortable, but the additional screen size was worth it to me. I still don’t think they’ve made a better laptop (or 2-in-1) to date.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: HP Spectre x360 15t 15-AP012DX - 15.6" 4K UHD Touch - i7-6500U - 16GB - 256GB SSD

HP Spectre x360 15 Inch Notebook Hands On [4K UHD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g06HBGAhe4Y

Best Buy Review by Benonymous :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent "Does it all" Laptop

Excellent Windows alternative to my MacBook Pro & better value than the Surface Book in my view; if you can get by without dedicated graphics.

Folding Hinge:

• this is a key reason to buy this. It’s lighter that a 15" MacBook Pro, and it’s so thin you can just flip the screen and have a comfortable tablet. You can prop it on a table in a “V” configuration, and it’s also great with the keyboard folded under in an “L” if you want to sit on the couch or chair and use it as a touchscreen.

Screen is excellent:

• great touch sensitivity and control
  • fantastic resolution and sharpness
  • viewing angles are great
  • default color calibration is slightly cool but you can get a pretty good calibration out of it if you tweak it (haven’t tried calibration hardware, and I’m not sure if it can do pro-level calibration for photo or print work)
  • pen is available for drawing (haven’t tried it yet)

Performance:

• keeping up with design software no problem. I can use Autodesk Fusion CAD, Rhino, Affinity Designer, Photoshop, Lightroom, SketchBook, etc…just fine. Feels smooth; great memory and hard disk performance.
  • Can do basic to intermediate jobs on realtime rendering, but doesn’t have the dedicated GPU you need for heavy duty work or if you need pro-level render speed.

Keyboard:

• much prefer the HP to my MacBook Pro keys (w/scissor mechanism). These keys aren’t as floppy as Mac; They feel tight, spring really well, have a nice sound, and typing feels really fast with a good throw.

Trackpad:

• Very good trackpad. Feels good, and responds to gesture very well. Clicking seems to require a little bit too much pressure to me and the click sound isn’t as good as Mac. I have some issues with the Mac trackpads too, so I call it a wash.

Software:

• No crashes in the first week, not much extra junk software, fast boot time
  • Was able to install some older windows xp and windows 7 software in compatibility mode and with older C++ distributables downloaded
  • Some older verions of photoshop and other programs aren’t compatible with text scaling, so the UI in them is almost unusably tiny if you keep the computer at high resolution. Nothing you can do, but upgrade to software that supports UHD screens and text scaling

Audio

• Has Bang & Olufsen, but it’s nothing special. Just decent laptop sound. Kinda weird that if you fold it back and use it as a touchpad the sound is coming from underneath so it sounds a little muffled.

Build Quality:

• really great build quality. 98% Mac level build. Design attention to detail is very good. The design is growing on me and it feels a little more “modern” than my Mac

Power Cord:

• The brick is tiny (smaller than Mac) which is really nice. It has a fold down plug and the cord wraps up easily with a velcro wrap.
  • The cord is pretty short though, and that’s annoying. It needs 2 more feet.
  • I prefer the MagSafe Mac power plug, but the HP plug is in a nice location on the left side and it keeps in snugly.

Ports and Buttons:

• all ports snap in tight, and you’ve got a good set of functionality
  • audio rocker is nice, and I like the power button on the side a lot more than they power keyboard key on a Mac.

Overall:

• Love this computer. Enjoy working on it more than my MacBook and it’s a much better value with the touchscreen and foldable capabilities. You can get an awful lot of pro level mileage out of this laptop, so if you need more the next step is probably a workstation.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: HP Spectre x360 15t 15-AP012DX - 15.6" 4K UHD Touch - i7-6500U - 16GB - 256GB SSD