HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U (HX-HSCS-BK/NA) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

kingston-technology-company-inc

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1535 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1168 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 365 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 2 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups.
  • 50mm directional drivers for Audio precision.
  • Hyperx signature Memory foam. Adjustable steel Slider.
  • Intuitive Volume control on headset ear cup.
  • Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation Microphone. Multi-platform compatibility.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by nightshade :star::star::star::star::star:

483 people found the following review helpful

Great value for the 50 dollar range headsets

FIrst off, this is a great value for the money, its hands-down a very solid headset. I have some audiophile headsets and high end wired and wireless headsets, so I have been running the Stinger's through some gaming and music to compare. I purchased these because we have the Cloud I's and the Cloud II's in our home and I have had them for several years and they still look like new, so I knew that it would be comfortable and the sound signature would be tuned fairly well. These are a little more bass heavy in a standard gaming setup w/o a amp or Astro mixamp. The lows are very good, mids are decent, and the highs are good. Basically, the 53mm drives from the Clouds have been placed in these as 50 mm drivers because the only thing i can tell on audible testing is that the mids are clearer on my Cloud II's for gaming and music. If you use a mixamp then that is when you will not be able to tell the difference between Cloud I's or II's. I use these with a mixamp TR and they are very comfortable. I have large ears and these completely cover them while also providing decent noise cancellation. Something of note here regarding the noise cancellation, it is passive and is not as good as the Cloud II's, but I feel that the Cloud I and the II clamp down a little hard on my head and the Stingers do not clamp down. The memory foam ear pads and the lightweight frame make this a headset you will hardly notice. The build quality seems very good and as for the mic, it works fine and I have had no issues for this week of use. I would sum it up as 50 bucks well spent if you are on a budget or just looking for a comfortable headset because the Stinger's are both of those.

Now a few drawbacks I see about the headset from my perspective. The mic stays attached the entire time, so that may be a negative to some. Also no built in mic monitoring that I can tell in my mic testing I have done so far. On XB1 you can setup mic monitoring within the accesories app with a newer controller model with a 3.5 mm jack and place it to an acceptable range. On PS4 testing it is pretty much no mic monitoring, but for 50 bucks I will say that everything all works with no glaring issues and again it is mixamp friendly which is super attractive. I would definitely take these over my A40 TR’s just on the fact of comfort alone, not to mention the price. I hope that Kingston ultimately takes this exact Stinger build and makes it into a Stinger II with some higher level build quality and even wireless, that would be the best gaming headset around.

TLDR; The Stinger is a super comfy, mixamp friendly headset that sounds really close to its big brother the Cloud I and II’s. Your going to be hard pressed to spend 50 bucks and find a better headset. I have compared many more expensive headsets to these and sound and comfort wise, these are right there with those headsets.

If my review of the Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger has helped you make a decision about purchasing please give me a postive rating.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U (HX-HSCS-BK/NA)

Best Buy Review by Radical10s :star::star::star::star::star:

This cannot be a $50 headset....

I have been trying numerous headsets from different manufacturers the past three months in search of the best headset for me. My previous headset was the Astro A40tr which I got with the mixamp. I love the mixamp but the headset itself leaves things to be desired. Mic quality is mediocre at best and it doesn't have a big Soundstage for positional audio cues. After reading and watching reviews online for the Hyperx Cloud Stinger I decided to give it a try. Honestly didn't expect much based off its price point but man was I wrong. Yes it is a mostly plastic build headset and I wouldn't recommend it if you are rough with your electronics. However it has sound quality and comfort that surpasses headsets four times its price. Yes in my opinion the Stinger sounds better than either the Astro A40tr or the Turtle Beach Elite Pro. I'm powering it with my Astro Mixamp TR and the 50mm drivers sound incredibly good. Easier to pinpoint gunfire and such than other headsets I have used. The microphone quality is also better than the Astro or Turtle Beach models I mentioned. It also flips up to mute so you don't have turned fumble around for a inline control.switch. Comfort wise, it is extremely light and has leatherette memory foam earpads so you can wear it for hours. This headset is a steal at its current price point and I couldn't recommend it more.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U (HX-HSCS-BK/NA)

Maybe this video can help

HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset Review

Walmart Review by copes :star::star::star::star::star:

Works as expected

Great product in general, excellent for its price point!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U (HX-HSCS-BK/NA)