Igloo FRF454-B-BLACK 5.1 cu. ft. Chest Freezer, Energy Star, Black Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

curtis-international

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 461 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 136 customers
    3.5 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 325 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• Adjustable Thermostat
  • Power on Indicator
  • Removable Vinyl Coated Wire Basket
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Jokool :star::star::star::star::star:

68 people found the following review helpful

Good deal and excellent product.

My freezer is perfect. Not too big and not too small for what I use it home. It's the perfect size to fit in my kitchen corner. It hardly makes noise but once in a while you'll hear a click which means in freezing and going it's job. But besides that, you won't even notice it. It's very easy to move around and light weight if you wanna adjust it in a different corner or place. It freezes wonderful at setting #4. There's no need to place it on #7 which is the coldest setting. Luckily my freezer had no dents nor scratches upon delivery in which it was delivered pretty quickly to my home. The FedEx man brought it into the space I wanted it set up. Also, it's very easy to open up from the box and get it going. All you need are scissors or a knife. Overall I would recommend it and make sure you get the extended warranty of 4 years ($24) because the manufacture only guarantees a 1 year warranty. I really enjoy my freezer and the black color looks wonderful. It matches all my appliances.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Igloo FRF454-B-BLACK 5.1 cu. ft. Chest Freezer, Energy Star, Black

Amazon Review by JL :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

39 people found the following review helpful

Great money saver! Very quiet and efficient

I bought this off of walmart.com as it is currently cheaper (~$210). There are unfortunate shipping issues with the walmart order which are repeatedly acknowledged in the customer reviews there, so expect that if you order there. Might be worth paying $30 more here if the shipping is better - the bottom and side of mine is dented (though walmart.com gave a 20% discount for that).

I purchased this to get more freezer space as I have a roommate who mostly eats frozen foods and I wanted to be able to stock up on items when there are good sales and also make meals/baked goods in bulk and freeze them to save time and more $. Chest freezers are a challenge to organize but they save SO much energy when compared to upright because every time you open the top, the cold air does not escape. This runs extremely quietly (my wine cooler is much louder). It is pretty large, so do measure your space well and account for the 4 extra inches of space that are recommended on all sides. The black looks much nicer and less of an eyesore than the typical white.

I wish it came with more sliding baskets in the top - it only comes with one. Inside there is one shelf that is actually there to make space for the compressor in the bottom. I recommend making life easier by keeping an inventory and also by simply organizing foods according to some kind of category - even if just by putting all bags of frozen veggies in a cloth or paper bag, and all the meats in another so you can easily pull a lightweight bag out to get to what you need.

Also, I read a tip to keep a tiny ice scraper (intended for car windshields) in here so you can occasionally scrape the sides and then never need to defrost! If you don’t, defrosting won’t be hard at all as this comes with a little capped hole that you can unscrew to manually defrost.

Very happy with this purchase!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Igloo FRF454-B-BLACK 5.1 cu. ft. Chest Freezer, Energy Star, Black