4.3 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 806 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 179 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• Elevate your music experience to another dimension with the JBL Pulse 2 a portable Bluetooth speaker that offers sensational sound with an interactive light show
  • Bring your music to life with glowing multi-colored visuals and transform wherever you are into a Party
  • Take full Control of your Pulse 2 light show using JBL Prism color sensor lens. Just point and shoot the lens at the color you want and watch the Pulse 2 amplify the colors of life
  • The splashproof design enables the Pulse 2 to light up any stage or show with high-quality stereo sound for up to 10 hours of playtime thanks to its built-in 6000Mah rechargeable li-ion battery
  • Pulse 2 also features a noise and Echo cancelling speakerphone for Crystal clear calls
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by only1erin :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

107 people found the following review helpful

Room for Improvement . . .

First let me quickly mention the good. The light quality is improved. Other improvements include overall sound quality, bass, loudness, battery life, and splash proof (the latter mentioned are all things that can be found in the Charge 2+ for less money.) Now on to the bad which is enough justification for me to be returning said item. Most of the issues i'm thinking can be addressed by a major update of the app. First lets talk about the colors and shading the old functions on the physical speaker were much better at the touch of a button get the color and level of brightness you want. Now we have this color sensor which sounds cool but the moment you don't have access to your closet loses all its appeal. Its annoying to dig through my closet to get a shade of pink or blue, and I have yet to get purple. I'm thinking this October I will be at a bonfire i'm not going to have too many colors to choose from in the middle of the woods. The old app had an easy color adjuster and adjustment for brightness/dimness (bring this to the new app asap). The new app is interactive which is really cool but who really wants to sit there while their with a group hanging out to make firefly designs? Unless your consistently interacting with the app the light shows are boring and static. Most noticeably missing is the equalizer and club mode that interacted with this source of sound these functions need to be brought back. These are what made me love the old one I didn't keep the old one because it had the best sound I kept it because it was easy, and fun to use. I'm shocked with this entire color sensor who wants to use this thing to find colors taking pictures of your clothes is ridiculous it doesn't even save your preferences like the old one did. . no if want blue fireflies instead of green better go dig through your closet for it every time!! Lastly something missing from the old and new version is a timer function something that will shut it off after a certain amount of time or non use. At night I listen to audio books to drift off to sleep and while audible has a timer to stop the book this device has nothing so the lights continue to shine until the battery dies which it always happens by morning . . its dead. I would not recommend this item unless two of the three issues I listed are addressed it costs too much money to be this complicated, annoying and nonfunctional (the app crashes constantly!!!) I would keep with the old Pulse or just do without lights and use the charge 2+.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: JBL Pulse 2 Portable Splashproof Bluetooth Speaker, Black

Walmart Review by Bobby be :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

It needs more light effects the ones it has get boring after a while

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: JBL Pulse 2 Portable Splashproof Bluetooth Speaker, Black

JBL Pulse 2 Bluetooth Speaker With Interactive Light Show JBLPULSE2BLKUS - Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nTO6YfCnY

Best Buy Review by Milio :star::star::star::star::star:

Awesome

I dealt with JBL products since the speakers in my car had to get upgraded to meet my level of audio. The Pulse 2 is pretty big in size and a bit heavy like comparing the weight to a candle in a jar. When I first purchased it the unit played music for at least 5 hours with the led lights on (w/o would've lasted an hour and a half more). You can't put the unit horizontal, because the speaker itself is where the led lights are so it'll sound muffled hence why it should be propped vertically even if a subwoofer gets covered. For a full charge it can take an hour to an hour and a half after the speakers been completely used up. The Pulse 2 can last with the led lights on up to seven to seven and a half hours. Without the led lights it can be eight and a half to nine hours. The led lights are neat from fireflies, traffic lights, rain drops, and even a campfire flame. A couple come with ambient sounds according to the setting. (campfire sounds for the flame, ocean sounds for the waves setting, etc.) Each one you can customize the setting for each from low, medium, and high. If connected to the JBL connect app it can be updated to fix certain issues and add a few more tidbits, but mainly to added a touch effect that'll show up on the led screen. You don't have to keep the app on your phone, but if you want it running the most recent version of the Pulse 2 it wouldn't hurt to have it just for said option. As mentioned above you can use the led lights the whole time or just turn them off completely, so it won't burn the battery if it were just on all the time. There's also a small lens on the pulse 2 in which you press the sync button while having anything colored facing said lens the led lights change according to the color, but it's limited to basic colors not advanced. (red, blue, green, yellow, etc.) All in all I don't regret my purchase. The audio is ridiculous especially the bass depending on what I'm listening to and the battery is amazing compared to other speakers. If you can test one out in store give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: JBL Pulse 2 Portable Splashproof Bluetooth Speaker, Black