JVC KW-R920BTS Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash Car Stereo Receiver w/ For Android & iPhone, SXM, Vario, 2 pre 4.8V and FLAC playback Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

jvc

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 551 customers
4.5 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 86 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 462 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Features Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
  • Built-in MOSFET amplifier
  • Plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, WAV, and FLAC music files
  • Subwoofer low-pass filter, phase, and level control
  • Front-panel auxiliary input and USB port with sliding cover
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by William Elliott :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

22 people found the following review helpful

Good unit with one strange bug.

In terms of value for money, this is really a fantastic receiver. The bluetooth functionality works well and installation is pretty straightforward if you have everything you need. If you don't, I would recommend looking up the appropriate adapters on Crutchfield. Their size information for this receiver is slightly off, though, as Crutchfield claims that the depth for this unit is 6.495 inches, but in fact it's actually only 6.25". It isn't a big difference, but for some cars (like my 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue) this means the difference between fitting and not. The same size discrepancy applies to the KW-R925BTS, which you probably want to invest in if you have a subwoofer. If you don't have a subwoofer, though, I highly recommend this receiver.

The biggest (and so far only) problem I’ve had with this is there is a weird bug in making calls. When searching my paired phone’s address book using the receiver, when I select a contact, it will pull up (and call) the wrong number. This only happens when I use the phone book, and not when I go to recent contacts. I only can confirm this on my phone (a Nexus 6P), so I can’t confirm if it’s a problem with iPhones or any other android phones, but be aware of it. However, I’ve found that using Ok Google to place calls by voice command works fine, so it isn’t a big issue. And I can say that media playback over bluetooth works well. Every program I’ve tried, including Audible, Smart Audiobook Player, Podcast Addict, Shuttle Music Player, and Pocket Casts have all worked with the receiver’s controls, which makes it very easy to manage while driving

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: JVC KW-R920BTS Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash Car Stereo Receiver w/ For Android & iPhone, SXM, Vario, 2 pre 4.8V and FLAC playback

Walmart Review by MichaelC :star::star::star::star::star:

1 people found the following review helpful

Great in dash stereo

This stereo looks great in my truck. I live the different colors that moved to the beat of the music. I feel like im in a night club. Im going another one for my daughters car. She lived it too. She said this is a fun radio.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: JVC KW-R920BTS Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash Car Stereo Receiver w/ For Android & iPhone, SXM, Vario, 2 pre 4.8V and FLAC playback

Best Buy Review by Honk4Gronk :star::star::star::star::star:

Solid basic replacement head end

I like this stereo a lot. It has all the basics, satellite radio ready and even has iHeartRadio and Pandora. For the most part it is intuitive, presets are easy, it pairs with your phone, and has a USB input. It even counts down a couple of seconds before changing inputs, i.e., FM to satellite. And I like where the volume control/tuning knob is. It's big and very easy to navigate.

The display is good and I like the colors but difficult to see in bright sun. Some things about tuning (especially on satellite) are less than intuitive but can be learned in time. It comes with a remote which I haven’t tried out yet. None of these are dealkillers but should be called out.

I’d give this 4.5 stars but to me the value and the features and quality outweigh the negatives called out. For the price and the feature set you’re not going to do much better. If you want a solid nuts and bolts head unit that will give you what you need this should be on your short list.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: JVC KW-R920BTS Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash Car Stereo Receiver w/ For Android & iPhone, SXM, Vario, 2 pre 4.8V and FLAC playback