Koss KTXPRO1 Titanium Portable Headphones with Volume Control Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

koss

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1605 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1583 customers
    4.3 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 22 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• Frequency response: 15-25,000 Hz
  • Titanium-coated high-polymer titanium diaphragm for accurate sound Reproduction
  • Foam ear cushions for open “hear through” sound
  • Volume control on cord for easy level adjustment
  • Straight, 4 foot, dual entry cord with 3.5 mm plug and 6.3 mm adapter
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Consumer Doc :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

20 people found the following review helpful

THIS KOSS IS NO BOSS BUT STILL WORTH THE COST !

If you are a discriminating music aficionado on a tight budget the Koss KTXPro1 headphones should be an excellent fit for you. At $15, they blow the market competition out of the water within this price range. However, at this price, you will need to compromise and sacrifice on construction and build quality which is poor.

PROS:

1. For $15, it doesn’t get any better than this for sound performance for iPod, MP3 listening: 15-25 Hz,103 dB SPL, 60 Ohms.
  2. In-Line volume control is a real plus and not often found on phones within this price parameter.
  3. “Limited” Koss Lifetime Warranty and good customer support.
  4. 28mm transducers
  5. Sound signature: Rich, open-air. Good high and mid-range.

CONS:

1. Durability/Ergonomics: These are Chinese cans folks-A simple visual comparison will clearly highlight the difference with more pricey phones.
    Tinny, fragile construction with a one-way ticket to the junk drawer within months. The diameter (gauge) of the leads coming from each ear
    piece tells the story here-thin, flimsy and easy to break. Not a nanometer of metal in the frame of the headphones for necessary support.
    Since rubber is cheaper than aluminum, they designed these phones with a siliconized rubber headband which from an engineering perspective,
    offers little if any structural integrity to the product.

2. No extra set of foam ear cushions included. These are also tissue-paper thin and designed to vaporize before you finish listening to your
    first set of tunes.

3. Headphone Jack: Time to replace this straight jack with a 90 degree L-shaped connector by now to help prevent shorting.

4. These are NOT Radio Shack PRO35 Titaniums. Although the design platform and sound signature may have been similar they are
    completely different products. I have both of these and simply cannot compare them to the Titanium PRO35’s for either sound caliber, build,
    design or ergonomics. The 35’s are without question my favorite portable cans. With all variables factored into the equation, the KTX Pro 1’s
    are a distant second but a best buy at $15-18.

5. Bass Response: Sound perception is a very individualized variable. With that being said, I found the bass to be good but not clean and
    punchy-rather muffled, subdued and boxy.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1. I do not recommend this model if you are a heavy traveler or hard on your phones-The fragile build and construction makes this
    subject to quick damage. These must be handled gingerly or they will quickly short and break. I strongly recommend investing
    in an appropriate hard-shell case. For use at home however, this makes an excellent inexpensive choice.

2. Time for a redesign change for these good-sounding but fragile cans: I recommend a heavier gauge cable and leads, a 90 degree
    (L-shaped) headphone jack, heavier-scaled strain reliefs at the ear cups and a redesigned metal headband to offer greater structural integrity.

3. Overall Grade: 3.5 Stars:
    Sound Quality Within Comparable Price Range: 9 Durability/Build: 5 Ergonomics/Fit/Comfort: 7

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Koss KTXPRO1 Titanium Portable Headphones with Volume Control

Walmart Review by smgolden :star::star::star::star::star:

19 people found the following review helpful

Excellent open-air headphones

If your goal is to listen to your music as it should sound while still being able to hear what is going on around you, these are an excellent choice. KOSS has consistently produced high quality headphones at a reasonable price. These are no different. The dynamic range and audio quality of these headphones match or exceed open-air headphones costing much more. These compare very well against the Phillips SHS 5200 headphones and are more comfortable to wear.

I use these headphones on stage with a band, taking a feed from an Aviom Personal Monitoring system, but I still wanted to be able to hear other musicians on stage and have a feel for how I sound in the room. I am very pleased with this choice.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Koss KTXPRO1 Titanium Portable Headphones with Volume Control

@marko great

here is a youtube video

Koss KTXPro1 headphones review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPsBF5dTsYI