Lenovo Ideacentre 300 Desktop Computer, Black (Intel Core i3, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10) 90DA00LPUS Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

lenovo-united-states

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 224 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 224 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• 6th generation Intel Core i3-6100 processor 3.7 GHz
  • 8GB RAM DDR4
  • 1TB 7200RPM SATA
  • Windows 10 Home
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by William Hefner :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

175 people found the following review helpful

Lenovo's Simple, Entry-Level Desktop Computer

I had a difficult/impossible time obtaining full specs on this computer when I first ordered it. In fact, I could not find any info at all on the Lenovo website about this particular model. Therefore, I am going to post the full specs here at the end of my review. I will give the basic rundown before we get to that though.

To put it nicely, this is a very entry level computer that seems to be designed around keeping manufacture as inexpensive as possible and low power consumption. There is little to no room for expansion in the way of memory, video, extra drives, expansion slots, etc. In other words, you are never going to be able to upgrade this computer to something better or faster through spending money on upgrades, other than perhaps ditching the mechanical hard drive for a solid-state drive.

MOTHERBOARD/CASE features a total 3 SATA ports, two of which are already in use by the main hard drive and the DVD R-W drive. There are NO available drive bays inside the case, so using the 3rd SATA port is not going to happen. There is simply no room for an additional drive.

POWER SUPPLY is super small and the case leaves almost no room for upgrading to a more powerful or efficient PSU. It seems to be rated at 180 WATTS Max. Fotunately, the entire computer only seems to use an average of 25 WATTS or so. This is a huge reduction in electricity consumption compared to compters made just a few years ago. Basically, the equivelant of a 25 WATT lightbulb.

GRAPHICS are strictly on-board, using an Intel HD Graphics 530 chipset. There is a PCIE slot available for adding an additional video card, but I have doubts as to whether the existing power supply could handle powering a high-level video card.

CONNECTIVITY Comes with onboard Gigabit Ethernet along with onboard wi-fi adapter. There is a tiny antenna on the outside of the case for wi-fi, which makes for a rather limited reception capability. Bluetooth is also onboard.

MEMORY/STORAGE The main board has two available slots for DDR4 memory, both of which are in use. So, no room for additional RAM. Storage consists of a Seagate mechanical hard drive running at 7200 RPM with 1TB of storage space. Why they are still using mechanical hard drives as a primary drive, I have no idea. Even at 7200 RPM, there is a lot of lag on this drive, which brings Windows 10 to an absolute crawl at times. If you are going to upgrade anything on this computer, the hard drive would be my #1 choice. Old-fashioned HDDs are great for mass storage, but suck as primary drives compared to SSDs.

SOFTARE Not much special here. An OEM version of Windows 10 Home. Much has been written about Windows 10, so I’m not going to try re-inventing the wheel in this review. Suffice to say, if you are at all concerned about privacy and security you will need to spend some time changing the default settings. As-is, Windows 10 sacrifices a lot of your privacy.

CONCLUSION This Lenovo desktop has a very small footprint and consumes a tiny amount of electricity. Probably less than most laptop computers (minus the monitor). It would make a good entry-level computer for the home user who browses the web, writes letters or plays solitaire. It is not a gaming computer, nor can it be upgraded to one. It has more storage space than the casual user will ever need, but storage space is gained at the expense of drive speed. It is a good computer for a beginner or the elderly. It’s capabilities will not expand much beyond that though.

POWER SUPPLY: HuntKey HK-280 22FP, 180W, Rated 80+
MOTHERBOARD: Lenovo IH110MS
MEMORY: 2x 4GB DDR4 SDRAM
AVERAGE POWER CONSUMPTION: 25W
HARD DISK DRIVE: Seagate ST1000DM003, 1TB, 64MB Cache, 7,200 RPM, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 3.5"
OPTICAL DRIVE: PLDS Model DH16AFSH, DVD R-W
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 dual core @3.7GHz
ONBOARD GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 530
ONBOARD NIC: Realtek PCIE GBE Family Gigabit Ethernet
EXPANSION SLOTS: PCI-E 16x (1), PCI-E 1x (2)
USB 3.0: 2 front panel, 2 real panel
USB 2.0: 2 rear panel (4)
VIDEO CONNECTIONS: HDMI or VGA
ALSO INCLUDED: onboard wi-fi A/B/G/N, Front Panel SD-CARD R/W + audio in/out, Rear Panel audio in/out, USB keyboard, USB mouse, Installation Manual

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Lenovo Ideacentre 300 Desktop Computer, Black (Intel Core i3, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10) 90DA00LPUS

thanks

Top 10 Best Tower Computers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8cvXEiZZ6c