Lenovo Ideapad 510 15.6" Laptop, Silver (Intel Core i7-7500U, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 620, Windows 10) 80SV0056US Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

lenovo-united-states

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 78 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 76 customers
    3.9 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 2 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• Intel Core i7-7500U processor, 2.7GHz
  • 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD
  • 15.6" LED-Lit, FHD, IPS display, 1920x1080 resolution
  • Windows 10
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Ralph Furlong :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

27 people found the following review helpful

Lenovo Ideapad 510

I received this laptop through the Amazon Vine Program. Here is what I found:

This is a very nice basic laptop that has the following:

1. The maximum memory in this laptop is 12 GB. It arrives with 8 GB installed (4GB soldered into a dedicated socket and 4GB in a single slot). You can increase it to the maximum size by removing the 4GB chip and replacing it with a 8GB chip.

2. The battery consists of a non-user removable battery (it can be removed by taking the case apart and removing the keyboard to get at the battery). Lenovo support says that if the battery has issues to contact Lenovo to arrange for them to replace the battery.

3. I averaged 2 hours and 53 minutes using the laptop from a fully charged state when connected to the Internet via wireless and using the Internet to view videos and conduct searches. The videos were all short clips lasting no more than 1 minute each. Lenovo states that the battery can last up to 5 hours. When I turned off wireless, reduced the display brightness and just worked with local word programs that time did increase to over 4 hours.

4. This is a dual core I7 processor with a dedicated video chip with 4 Gig of onboard memory. It does a decent job with graphics, playing back video, and working with photos. I am not a gamer so I cannot tell you how well that will work.

5. Keep in mind that this unit does NOT have a Blue Ray player!!! So, your movie watching will be limited to DVDs and online content. The Power DVD software that is included with the unit is version 12 and the current version of software is version 16 which you will be offered for an upgrade price. DVDs do play nicely in the unit once you update the version 12 software with the update for version 12.

6. Viewing this screen is good head on, but starts to fade as you move to the side, up, or below head on. There is about a 40 degree viewing angle before colors and brightness start to fade.

7. This unit has two USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port. Speaking of ports, all of the ports and connectors on this unit are TIGHT! This includes the power plug which you almost have to force in. Fit and finish on this unit appear to be a bit on the rough side. I would presume that things will get better as the plastic wears a bit.

8. Pretty much all of the software included with this laptop is demo software that expires in 30 days. Office is trial software as is the Anti-virus software. Of note, Microsoft’s security essentials antivirus is on the laptop so you can use it if you do not want the trial ware from the other company.

9. If you are not a fan of MS Edge browser, you should note that Windows Explorer 11 is also there, you just have to look for it.

10. The keyboard is a disappointment in that the shift key on the right side is way out of place. If you are a touch typist expect to be very frustrated by the key placement!!! Other than that, the keys are functional and they are backlit if you desire that. Just press the Control and Space bar to toggle the lights on and off.

All in all, this is a nice basic computer that would do a nice job for school, work, and light entertainment. While not a quad core processor, the dual core i7 does a decent job and is more than adequate for business functions, Internet activities, and video playback. X-box games should work on it, but I would not try very intense gaming on it. The plastic case works well and helps to keep the computer relatively light. This is large enough though that it is not the most portable computer and certainly is not one that I would recommend to use inflight.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Lenovo Ideapad 510 15.6" Laptop, Silver (Intel Core i7-7500U, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 620, Windows 10) 80SV0056US