LG 38UC99-W 38-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS Monitor with Bluetooth Speakers Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

lg-electronics

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 40 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 23 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 3 customers
    5.0 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 14 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• 38" 21:9 UltraWide Curved WQHD+ IPS Display
  • 1ms Motion Blur Reduction
  • USB Type C & USB 3.0 Quick Charge
  • AMD FreeSync Technology
  • Bluetooth Speakers with Rich Bass (10W x 2)
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Kevin Ross :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

55 people found the following review helpful

From a developer - recommended

I bought this monitor for development. I was tired of the split monitors in the middle of my desk and my shoulder was hurting constantly from turning to one side or the other.

The good:

• I can split my IDE into 1 file explorer, 2 small windows and 2 regular sized windows, all side-by-side, with my console beneath.
  • height is taller than I expected
  • resolution seems entirely appropriate for coding
  • build quality is great…not quite cinema display great but close

The bad:

• whenever bluetooth audio is connected, there is this ridiculously annoying overlay in the bottom right
  • the smart energy saver turns off the monitor (good) but it blinks the power light constantly which is incredibly irritating. The only way to stop it appears to be to manually turn off/on your monitor when you need it
  • the speakers are pitiful…really. My 3+ year old macbook pro’s tinny speakers are preferable to these

Conclusion:
Recommended for development. The form factor is great and fonts render nice and smooth. They really should have had some foresight in the small issues I call “The bad”, and aside from the speakers, I hope they can address these in a firmware update.

Other:
I thought I would have a video up on the far corner, but as I got my desktop situated, I want to use this full monitor for development - it’s just so nice to have 4-up. I ended up putting my macbook pro to the right for video etc (that I rarely turn to see). I would love to find a way to have my macbook pro screen centered above the top if this display - that seems like the ultimate setup for me.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: LG 38UC99-W 38-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS Monitor with Bluetooth Speakers

Walmart Review by Colby12345 :star::star::star::star::star:

Gaming

Would you recommend the lg38uc99 for gaming(for the Xbox one) or the 34um88-p? [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: LG 38UC99-W 38-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS Monitor with Bluetooth Speakers

Check out this youtube video

LG 38-inch UltraWide Monitor! (LG 38UC99)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMW7KQ_ui8

Best Buy Review by Asab :star::star::star::star::star:

Very good gaming monitor !

I bought this for my AMD computer system and it looks incredible! Free sync works like a charm ect. However I also tried my Intel system with it and a 1080 card even tho it has no G Sync I saw very little if any screen distortion. So weather you a AMD or GeForce person this monitor will do the trick and look great. Has fast response time very good color and the speakers are really good as well only thing I wish it had was HDR. So if your looking for best 21:9 monitor look no further this is it !!!!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: LG 38UC99-W 38-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS Monitor with Bluetooth Speakers