Amazon Review by Kevin Ross
55 people found the following review helpful
From a developer - recommended
I bought this monitor for development. I was tired of the split monitors in the middle of my desk and my shoulder was hurting constantly from turning to one side or the other.
- I can split my IDE into 1 file explorer, 2 small windows and 2 regular sized windows, all side-by-side, with my console beneath.
- height is taller than I expected
- resolution seems entirely appropriate for coding
- build quality is great…not quite cinema display great but close
- whenever bluetooth audio is connected, there is this ridiculously annoying overlay in the bottom right
- the smart energy saver turns off the monitor (good) but it blinks the power light constantly which is incredibly irritating. The only way to stop it appears to be to manually turn off/on your monitor when you need it
- the speakers are pitiful…really. My 3+ year old macbook pro’s tinny speakers are preferable to these
Recommended for development. The form factor is great and fonts render nice and smooth. They really should have had some foresight in the small issues I call “The bad”, and aside from the speakers, I hope they can address these in a firmware update.
I thought I would have a video up on the far corner, but as I got my desktop situated, I want to use this full monitor for development - it’s just so nice to have 4-up. I ended up putting my macbook pro to the right for video etc (that I rarely turn to see). I would love to find a way to have my macbook pro screen centered above the top if this display - that seems like the ultimate setup for me.