4.6 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 62 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 60Hz (Native)
  • Backlight: LED (Direct LED)
  • Smart Functionality: No
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 20" x 12.5" x 2.1", TV with stand: 20" x 14.2" x 5.3"
  • Inputs: 1 HDMI 1.3, 1 USB 2.0, 1 RF, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 RCA
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Andrew54 :star::star::star::star::star:

Clean sleek design

Perfect for my home office. Easy to set up, basically plug and play. Excellent color and nicely laid out remote. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: LG Electronics 22LF4520 22-Inch 1080p LED TV (2015 Model)

Amazon Review by PhotoGraphics :star::star::star::star::star:

190 people found the following review helpful

What you need to know about 28 TVs

I realize and understand that not a lot of people will ever read the reviews on this page. They are for a very unique size of TV, a 28 model, and LG is one of only three brands listed at Amazon (as of this date) to sell a 28 model (Samsung and Vizio are the other two brands). There are far more 24 models listed (popular for small bedrooms and as a kitchen TV) and 32 models (the most popular small TV, ideal for a master bedroom, apartment, dorm room, etc. One reason 32 TVs are so popular is they often cost the same or even less than the 28 size, so if you have the room for it, why not get a larger picture?

I bought this TV to fit on the wall above a large built-in closet in my bedroom, the only possible place to put a TV and have it viewable from the bed. When mounted on the wall I have 15-1/2 of vertical room above the closet door tracks. A 24 TV model is just too small to be able to see from across the room and a 32 model is just too big to fit.

I did a lot of research regarding TV dimensions. To save you the time I will share those with you. There are a couple of things you need to know. First, the dimensions come from LG. Other brands will be similar but not exactly the same. And second, the dimensions are without the TV stand, in other words, the size of the actual TV mounted on the wall.

24 TV - Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 21.9’’ x 13.5" x 2.1’’
28 TV - Dimension (W x H x D): TV without stand: 25.3" x 15.6" x 2.3"
32 TV - Dimension (W x H x D): TV without stand: 28.9" x 17.3" x 3.6"

The following dimensions are for the actual viewing size of the screen. You can easily see that by choosing a 28 TV I got a substantially larger picture than a 24 model, which is why I chose the LG model. I did round all of the sizes up to even inches for comparison because they all were fractional sizes.

24 TV - 21 x 12
28 TV - 24 x 14
32 TV - 28 x 16

When I bought the LG Model 28LF4520 it was priced at $200, a fair price considering the brand name. Note that it is NOT a smart TV, which means the only thing you will be able to see on it without some kind of external box plugged in is broadcast TV (either from an antenna or subscription cable). It is easy to find 32 models that are smart, including built-in WiFi, for about the same price. So you have to be pretty motivated to want this model. Hence the reason not a lot of people will be reading these reviews. Fortunately for me, I had no interest in the TV being smart. I already own a couple of them and I have found that they become obsolete pretty fast the manufacturers only support firmware upgrades for about a year or two on most models, then they want you to buy a new TV. For my bedroom I had only two needs to be able to watch the news and local shows like that over-the-air, which the LG does quite well; and to plug in my Amazon Fire Stick which gives me access to tons of programming, including Amazon Prime movies/shows. This is not a commercial for Amazon, it just happens to be a scenario that works out well for me.

This is my first LG TV, and in fact I cant think of any other LG product I own. I bought it to replace a 10 year-old Magnavox LED TV that I had in the bedroom (17 screen that cost me almost $600). I wont even try to compare the two for obvious reasons, but I will compare it to my high-end Samsung in my living room. As far as picture quality its at least as good, with the black level maybe even a bit better.

This TV isnt 4K, 3D, curved or any other fancy thing. Its about as basic as a TV comes these days. My only negative is that the LG logo on the front is overly large and bold. I already bought the product and I know what brand it is, I dont need a huge logo staring at me to remind me.

If you are reading this review you came here looking for a 28 TV for a reason. I chose this one after a lot of research and I like it a lot. If a friend asked me to recommend a small TV, this would be the one.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: LG Electronics 22LF4520 22-Inch 1080p LED TV (2015 Model)