• FreeSync
  • Game Mode
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Roberto Jorge :star::star::star::star::star:

38 people found the following review helpful

Best 4K UHD Monitor for 2016 under 500?

So is the LG 27UD68-W the Best 4K UHD Monitor for 2016 under 500 ?

What i can say about this UHD display is that its beautifully designed, edge to edge panel with a silver frame all around and a white back and a aggressive curved stand. I really liked the awesome look of the LG 27UD68-W, that shows class.

It is a IPS panel with a maximum resolution of 3840x2160 a response time of 5ms with a refresh rate of 60hrz

In terms of connections it has 2x HDMI 2.0, 1x Display Port 1.4, 1x Audio Jack, 1x Power Input Jack and a Kensington lock.

My review and tests had the following steps:

• Unboxing
  • Setup
  • Viewing Angles (dark enviroment / light enviroment)
  • Colors / Contrast
  • UHD Pictures Slidehow (dark enviroment / light enviroment)
  • Movie Samples UHD (dark enviroment / light enviroment)
  • Light Bleeding Test
  • Shadows Test
  • After Effects / Video Editing (timeline, resolution)
  • Gaming (Freesync / Screen Tearing)

All in all was a great experience and this year i will be upgrading my Triple Monitor Setup and these LG27UD68-W are sure on my list.

Things i did like the Most:

• Beautiful Design and Overall Looks
  • Nice Colors and Contrast
  • Joystick for the OSD Functions
  • Vesa Mount that Allow us to Use any Stand
  • Finally the Price Point that makes this Monitor a Deal to Have in Consideration

Things i Did Like the Least:

• Lack of Adjustments on the Stand
  • Extreme Angles with Glare (Refection)

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: LG Electronics 4K UHD 27UD68-W 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor

Walmart Review by BansheeBlitz :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Great Picture

Play games at near full 4K. Keeps frame rates up to 60. Picture quality is amazing. High Dynamic Range, and IPS are some the best features it has. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: LG Electronics 4K UHD 27UD68-W 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor

Best Buy Review by Athletejmv :star::star::star::star::star:

Wow! Setup, Plug in & Play

This is a gorgeous 4k monitor at an excellent price. I have this hooked up to a 4th gen i5 (low voltage-i5 4690s), 16GB RAM, Windows 10 PC with an Nvidia GTX1070. All I had to do was remove my old 23" IPS 1080P HP monitor (model: 2311xi), setup the new stand on the 4k LG monitor and plug in all of the provided cables. Colors are vivid and pop. While gaming, there was little to no blur/ghosting (in reference to response time). Some folks complained about the monitor shaking. I have a sturdy desk, so that hasn't been an issue for me. I tried to duplicate issue by shaking monitor stand... monitor hardly (front to rear I could not duplicate, but side to side shake may be an issue for unstable desks) shakes/moves. My main uses are entertainment (streaming media/tv shows), gaming and school work for college.

Pros:
-Beautiful color reproduction.

-While there are plenty of “hot/stuck” pixels on black backgrounds, they are not noticeable unless sticking face up by the screen. I haven’t found any dead pixels… matte screen masks them well.

-images look sharp.

-backlighting reasonably uniform.

-matte anti glare screen covering.

• bright, bright, bright… I keep the screen set to 65%.

-slim screen border.

-simple/understandable monitor menu/settings.

-reasonable build quality… didn’t feel cheap to me, while it doesn’t particularly “wow” either.

-Best monitor for the money as of now (10/2/16); purchased mine for 359.00 before taxes… was about $384 after taxes.

-Much crisper than my 1080p monitor.

Con’s:
-Slight light bleeding in the lower and upper left and right corners, which is typical of IPS panels… so don’t expect not to have it. It wasn’t an issue while watching videos and games in a reasonably lit (lighting) environment.

-No ambient light sensor or built in quality speakers (in comparison to iMac… personal work computer IMO).

-Lots of “hot” pixels… pixels stuck as looking green/red on black backgrounds… the positive is they are very difficult to see and this is a pet peeve of mine. Since they are hardly noticeable with my face right up to the screen, I will be keeping this monitor… it will be a first for me lol.
-MAC OS handles high res monitors better than Windows 10 in my opinion… there are still many instances stuff appears hazy i.e. images and text from program menus, Google Chrome, etc.
-GTX1070 GPU is slightly struggling with high settings… looking to upgrade my GPU to a GTX 1080 now.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: LG Electronics 4K UHD 27UD68-W 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor

check out this video

LG 27UD68-W Review | The Best 4K UHD Monitor Under 500$ ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4t8GKHRT58