Linksys AC750 Boost Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender / Repeater (RE6300) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

linksys

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1852 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 1023 customers
    3.7 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 681 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 148 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• Cross band Technology maximizes simultaneous use of dual bands while Beam forming focuses and strengthens the Wi-Fi signal
  • Simple setup with Push Button Connect and Spot Finder Technology for optimal placement and performance
  • Boosts Wi-Fi signal coverage up to 6,500 square feet
  • Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones throughout a home including, patio, garage, second floors and more
  • Wi-Fi Speeds up to N300 + AC433 Mbps
  • Expand Wi-Fi coverage in large and multi-storied homes with two adjustable, external antennas
  • Gain enhanced wired speeds for a Smart TV, gaming console, Blu-ray Disc player other Wi-Fi device using the Gigabit Ethernet port
  • Works with all Wi-Fi Routers
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Denny Sidirokastritis Jr. :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

121 people found the following review helpful

A nightmare to set up, but once working is incredible.

This extender is really great, the only problem is the set up process. It's a nightmare to get working, but once you get it up and running its incredible. I am really great with technology, thought the setup would be a breeze, but had to talk to technical support who knew less than I did about the set up issue. I would give it one more star, but if someone who does not know how to set up one of these extenders tries and fails I feel that really is a big part of making or breaking someone's expectations of the product.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Linksys AC750 Boost Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender / Repeater (RE6300)

Walmart Review by carl :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Easy set up

Easy setup but being a slight color deficient I found the colors of amber and green do be too close especially in what area I placed it .Works well, gotta play with positioning of unit, not always full bars, might be the house,

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Linksys AC750 Boost Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender / Repeater (RE6300)

here is a youtube video

Linksys RE6700 AC1200 WiFi Range Extender Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbizl_BvUo

Best Buy Review by MikeG :star::star::star::star::star:

Best Range Extender

Overall I was very impressed with the ease with which I was able to set this range extender up as well as the performance. The set-up worked flawlessly, the RE6300 has not lost the router signal once and Im now seeing the same performance at corners of my home that I also get right next to the router. I have never seen this performance with any other range extender. I received a free sample from Linksys in exchange for my honest feedback and I'm glad I did. This is the 3rd range extender that I have tried. With the prior two, the set-up was difficult and they would often lose the network and stop working. In addition, the data bandwidth was usually much lower than when positioned close to my router. The RE6300 set-up without any headaches, the coverage is great, Im seeing the same performance on the edge of my home as near the router and it has been working flawlessly. I have a home that has many dead zones and it can take time to position the router and expander for full coverage. The RE6300 has spot finder in the web-based tool that was very helpful in positioning the router far enough away to maximize my coverage, but yet keep a good connection to the router. You can set-up the RE6300 by using WPS or by connecting to its built-in Wi-Fi network that shows up as the default settings. I tried both since I used it at my home and a friend wanted to try it out at his home as well. Both modes worked flawlessly and were amazingly easy. I have struggled many times trying to configure extenders and changing settings after they are connected has usually been a big hassle. When you set-up the RE6300 with WPS, it automatically creates a new network for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. It adds _Ext to each of your current networks so that if you had 2 Wi-Fi networks (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), you will now have 4. This is actually helpful because you need to connect to the extender Wi-Fi to access the settings and find the best location for it. Once you have the Extender positioned for the maximum performance, you can then change the settings on the RE6300 so that it uses the same settings as the router. I like to do this so that I do not need to make any changes to the many things in my home connecting to my Wi-Fi. Or you can just keep 4 Wi-Fi networks and just connect to the best one. Warning: Dont check the box to make the RE6300 have the same settings as the Router until you get the RE6300 set-up in the right location. When the RE6300 has the same settings, it is hard to make sure you are on the RE6300 network vs the Router when you need to change the RE6300 settings. Its not impossible, just much harder. Setting-up the RE6300 using a browser really wowed me over. No software or needing to use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to the RE6300. The RE6300 puts out its own Wi-Fi network as the factory default and all you need to do is connect to that network to configure it. It was amazingly easy. But once again I will warn you. Dont check the box to make the RE6300 have the same settings as the Router until you get the RE6300 set-up in the right location. When the RE6300 has the same settings, it is hard to make sure you are on the RE6300 network vs the Router when you need to change the RE6300 settings. Its not impossible, just much harder.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Linksys AC750 Boost Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender / Repeater (RE6300)