Logitech 980-000910 Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

logitech

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4057 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3166 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 885 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 6 customers
    3.5 out of 5

Features

• Multipoint Bluetooth connectivity: Simultaneously pair your smartphone and tablet and stream music from either one
  • Easy pairing and automatic re-pairing: Pair your device to the adapter once with a single button press and you’re done
  • Long-range wireless: Stream music from up to 15 meters (50 feet) away from your speakers
  • Works with most speakers: Plugs into any powered PC speakers, home stereo systems and A/V receivers using RCA or 3.5 mm jacks. This product is a receiver only, not a transmitter.
  • Package Contains Bluetooth Audio Adapter, RCA to 3.5mm cable, Power cable, User documentation
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

11 people found the following review helpful

Poor signal strength, Didn't last.

The previous reviewer was obviously confused by the whole star system. But not this one. I was very happy with this product at first. Simple connectivity, great sound. Quickly realized it had poor signal strength. Even in the same room, if anything gets between the connected device and the Bluetooth receiver, the sound skips. Today, less than 90 days in, it just quit working while I was using it. Sound started to skip, then it just disconnected and will not reconnect to any device. Spend a few more bucks and get a better unit.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Logitech 980-000910 Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming

thank you :+1:

Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNfjBkyL4o

Amazon Review by akula34 :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

408 people found the following review helpful

Worth the extra cost compared to similar devices! One of the few with RCA outputs...

UPDATE: It would appear that my review was based on the device I tested it with, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Other devices appear to auto-connect and auto-play, which would annoy the living snot out of me...

I’m changing my review to three stars to reflect it as such, please ignore the comments about Auto-connect & Auto-play. I’m leaving them in for historical sake & completeness of the original review.

TL;DR: Fantastic bluetooth adapter for non-bluetooth powered speakers or receivers.

Detail:
I’m a very picky person when it comes to technology. (Some might call me a technology snob and I would not disagree with them…) This also means I’m very demanding of the electronics purchases I make. For me to give out a five star review for a piece of electronics, it mean’s it’s pretty darn good.

Setup - Dead simple. Plug in the power cord (about approximately 4 feet of wire on the adapter) and plug in the included cable (a RCA to 3.5mm cable).

Pairing - Pairing the phone is easy and intuitive. Press the button on the top of the adapter and you’ll hear a beep over the speakers and the blue light on the bottom of the adapter will blink. On you device, use the bluetooth settings to find and pair to the adapter. It shows up as “Logitech BT Adapter” in your list. Once paired, you’ll get a quick beep-beep to indicate successful pairing.

Sound - It’s Bluetooth 3.0. You’re probably streaming some 192kbps stream from one of the many available sources on the interwebs… It’s not going to sound “amazing”, but it’s very clear and there is no tinny noise that can accompany poor bluetooth protocol implementations. Most people will consider the sound “amazing”, but I’m definitely too much of an audio-snob to classify it as such. We’ll call it “very good”. ;o)

Bluetooth Range: I have this setup in the living room and kitchen area on my house. Line of sight is probably about 30-35 feet if I stand as far away as possible. With line of sight, you’ll get perfect sound. Stick it in your pocket or let things get between you and the receiver once you go beyond 20 feet and you’re asking for trouble. Now, be aware that this is usually due to the device you are TRANSMITTING from, and not the receiver. Modern phones do have strong bluetooth strength since they expect to be transmitting to close by devices (headset, car stereo, etc.) I tested this with a Note 3.

Features Not Mentioned: NO AUTO-CONNECT!!! Thank you Logitech! Now, this is personal preference, but I DO NOT want my phone to connect with the adapter every time I am in range. I like that I need to select it from the Bluetooth menu to get it to reconnect. It lets ME control the connection. Don’t try to figure out what I want… let me decide.

NO AUTO PLAY: Now, this may be specific to my phone & the adapter, but I REALLY like that even once i connect to the adapter, it doesn’t try to auto-play the last paused track or audiobook I was listening to. It allows me to start it when I’m ready. This is personal preference and I do not know how this works with iOS devices, as it may have different behavior. At least on Android, it meets my preferred implementation.

RCA outputs: Many of the bluetooth adapters you’ll find on Amazon are only 3.5mm output to whatever device (speakers or receiver) you are connecting to. Logitech gives you a choice, either RCA or 3.5mm. This is a big detail and worth the extra cost in my opinion. For many it will not matter, but if you’re connecting to a receiver, this is the preferred way to go. I make my own RCA cables, so I used that to connect it to an input on the Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Logitech 980-000910 Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming

Best Buy Review by Jeff :star::star::star::star::star:

Great solution for great price

My Panasonic plasma has a Bluetooth output but no analog outputs. My Yamaha receiver sounds great but is old and has no hdmi or optical audio inputs. By hooking up this Bluetooth receiver to my Yamaha and by connecting my tv through the Bluetooth out, I am able to use my old Yamaha receiver to play any audio coming out of my TV, including: Xbox, blue ray, and verizon fios. These other items have hdmi going into my tv. Due to the Bluetooth out from my tv, I get the full sound. I realize it would be even better with a new receiver with hdmi capability, but this little Logitech serves me well and saved me $500-$800 on a new receiver.

I compared this to the rocket fish and the Harmon kardon. The Logitech allows two connections at the same time. This is great as I can connect my iPhone as well to listen to amazon prime, iTunes, or anything else on my iPhone through my Yamaha. The rocket fish requires to disconnect the Bluetooth from one device to reconnect to another - very annoying. The Harmon kardon also was not great for two connections at the same time.

I noticed the rocket fish had louder sound pumping through compared to the Logitech, but I equalized that simply by turning up the volume on my Yamaha to compensate. I did not notice much of a sound difference between the Logitech and the Harmon kardon (and the hk was 2x the price of the Logitech).

Overall, this Logitech has been a fantastic solution for me at a very reasonable price.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Logitech 980-000910 Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming