Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 for Computers, Tablets and Smartphones, Black (920-006342) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

logitech

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 3926 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1699 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2211 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 16 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Type-on-anything universal keyboard
  • Switch easily between devices
  • Type in comfort
  • Please refer to compatbility information present below
  • keyboard for your computer - that also works with your smartphone or tablet
  • Just turn the Easy-Switch dial to switch typing between three connected Bluetooth wireless devices
  • The integrated cradle holds your phone or tablet at just the right angle for you to read while you type
  • System Requirements:
    PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    Mac: Mac OS X or later
    Chrome OS
    iPad or iPhone: iOS 5 or later
    Android tablet or smartphone: Android 3.2 or later
  • 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty, : Designed for easy and comfortable typing, including shortcut keys for Windows and Mac
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Ray :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

414 people found the following review helpful

Good but be aware of a couple things

Very nice size and key layout and the bluetooth pairing for multiple devices is easy, fast, and awesome. It is heavier than I expected, but understandable given it is a base to hold devices. I also wish it had a cover to protect the keys when inside a backpack,especially since the keys stick out so far.

The major downside for me is the keyclick is incredibly loud (much too loud to use in a classroom setting).
The other problem I have is that the holding slot for devices only seems to work if you use a device without a protective case.
Tested it with iPhones, Windows tablet, and iPads and no one I know has a device (with a case) that fits it, even the slimmest of back-only protective cases had to be wedged in and really doesn’t fit.

Great potential and I really want to use it, but with the loud keyclick and it not being able to hold devices with protective cases, it is simply not usable for me.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 for Computers, Tablets and Smartphones, Black (920-006342)

Walmart Review by Kisha :star::star::star::star::star:

30 people found the following review helpful

Awesome Device

I love this device as I am typing on it right now. Its so sturdy and easy to use. I did not think it was going to be so wonderful and such good quality. I guess the price made me think it wasn't going to be on this level. But I'm happily surprised and glad that I made this purchase. I saw this same keyboard at best buy for $49.99, price shopping, was so happy that I found it at Walmart for such a great price. It keeps my phone up just like it says its suppose to do and also my tablet. I'm able to sit back on my chair and use my laptop with no issues. Its so sturdy I don't have to worry about it being messed up if I were to drop it. The keys are super responsive. This is the second one I have purchased and I'm so happy I took the other one back and got this one. The other one was $19.99 and it was cheaply made and it didnt work anything like this one. I am a happy customer.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 for Computers, Tablets and Smartphones, Black (920-006342)

Logitech K480 Unboxing and Review: Best Keyboard for Multidevice Productivity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMXL-1ObbU

Best Buy Review by SpockCO :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Bluetooth Keyboard, ... But ...

PREFACE :

I swear by Logitech “computer” accessories! - ALL of my “mice” (wireless AND cord-connected), and all my desktop speaker systems are Logitech products. … Logitech designs, manufactures AND supports truly high-quality accessories, and they sell them at REALLY reasonable prices through many highly reputable sources!

UTILITARIAN (YET ELEGANT) DESIGN CHARACTERISTICS :

This k480 Bluetooth Multidevice Keyboard IS NO EXCEPTION to my previous statement. - I purchased it to accompany my Digiland DL808W 8" Windows 10 Tablet. I have my Digiland tablet in a Thermoplastic Polyurethane “Gel Shell” Case/Cover (flexible, full-surround “rubber” protector) AND IT STILL FITS in the “stand-up” (molded “rubber”) device slot (10 & 5/8" long by 7/16" wide by 1/2" deep) built into this keyboard’s case. I am quite sure that this slot will fit ANY “naked” smart phone (or 2, vertically) or tablet made by Apple or Samsung, among others (although a large tablet may have to be turned vertically). … The “stand-up” device slot IS a true stroke of design genius, and just the kind of thoughtful design element that I have come to expect from Logitech.

However, there is a price to pay for the nifty “stand-up” device slot: This keyboard is QUITE heavy - 1 pound, 12 and half ounces with batteries. - There IS a reason why this portable, wireless keyboard has to be so heavy though: Its weight provides plenty of “counter-balance” for even the heaviest 10 inch tablets, when it is sitting flat on a table or desk top. A stiff gust of wind is not going to up-end this keyboard when it is cradling your iPad. Initially I thought its heft was a detractor, until I put my 10 inch tablet in the slot … the counter weighting REALLY DOES ADD TO ITS STABILITY!

EASY OPERABILITY FOR HUMANS AND “GEEKS” :

This keyboard “PAIRS” EASILY with up to three separate Bluetooth-capable devices and the rotating “selector” switch makes changing the keyboard’s connection between your three devices nearly infallible. - I have it paired with my Digiland 8" tablet, my ASUS 10.1" Transformer Book 2-in-1 and my Lenovo 15.6" G50 series laptop. It works really well with all three of them, and it allows me to lie in bed and type from across the room while my computer remains on the desk attached to all my storage devices, modem connections and printers. (Yes, I do have my computer hooked up to my TV with an HDMI cable.) … Operating range for this keyboard is supposed to be up to 30 feet away (more or less) from its “receiving” device. I haven’t tried it at much more than 15 to 20 feet away, but it worked just fine at these distances!

The keys on this keyboard are light and responsive, and yet, they do deliver positive feedback for the reasonably adept “touch” typist and more than ample responsiveness and feedback for the “hunt-and-peck” typist as well. It is not much harder to get used to typing with than most modern compact laptops or netbooks. - If you can type 120 WPM on an IBM Selectric, you are going to be lucky to do nearly that speed on this, or any other “compact” keyboard that you can put in a medium-sized messenger bag.

MY “COUCHED” COMPLAINTS :

The battery “door”/retainer cover seems really loose and only has two very small retainer “hooks”/teeth to hold it in its slot. I find myself wanting to reach for a strip of adhesive tape to help hold it in the position where it is supposed to “latch”. - I am using Duracell Quantum (with “Powerlock”) batteries, so hopefully I won’t have to mess with this battery retainer cover for at least 12 months (or maybe as many as 24 months), because I AM really disciplined about switching my devices off if I’m not going to be using them for more than a couple days.

This complaint (born from years of aggravation) applies to this keyboard AND nearly all my Logitech mice (but NOT their desktop speaker systems). - The On/Off switch on this keyboard really seems like a cheap, “satisficed” after-thought:

#1) It is a REALLY small tab of plastic; it is a completely smooth button without even having their usual small, nearly undetectable ridge on it. They could have molded in a set of deep ridges across the whole exposed surface of the switch or maybe a small round knob like a small male Lego block connector.

#2) Even if this switch had a better, more tactile surface, it is still REALLY loose and feels like it could be pushed into the “wrong” (“On” when you are trying to put it away, or “Off” when you are jamming on a “stream of consciousness” document creation session) position with only the slightest brush of a finger or knuckle, etc. - This “wibbly-wobbly” switch complaint is especially glaring when there are two other switches on this keyboard that are solid, strong, and positively responsive with the physical reactivity that you expect from a device that is meant to last for years upon years of regular use.

In Logitech’s defense: After a dozen years of experience with Logitech accessories, I have NEVER had a power switch FAIL OUTRIGHT. Although, I have had several mouse (mostly left) buttons become “sticky” or barely responsive to normal finger pressure. However, this was AFTER 5 years (or more) of daily use.

I’m sure that as careful as I am with ALL of my electronic equipment, I will be using this Logitech k480 Bluetooth Multidevice Keyboard HAPPILY for many years to come!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 for Computers, Tablets and Smartphones, Black (920-006342)