Amazon Review by Ramnik Bansal
27 people found the following review helpful
M320: Great Price, Very Precise, Latest tech, Right Handed natural shape
I will divide my review into :
a) The need for a mouse
b) My search and choice of M320 ( M280 in India)
c) Mouse Features : Pro/Cons
d) Amazon Delivery and reliability
a) THE NEED:
I have been very comfortable using the trackpad on my Macbook Pro and hence have never felt the need for a mouse. I am on my laptop more than 6 hours a day. Recently I have started teaching online classes which requires me to have an extra monitor and a writing tablet (wacom). I am shuffling between two monitors and at least 5 different softwares each consisting of multiple windows at times ( Chrome, R, GotoWebinar, Write, ScreenFlow) , while also delivering my lecture through the microphone. I need to be extremely quick and accurate while moving around and switching different windows and monitors. I started feeling the need of a mouse that would be better than using a trackpad (which I am very comfortable using btw). I have never liked scrolling with a mouse before this.
b) SEARCH and CHOICE of M320/M280:
I needed a professional level mouse that would enhance my online teaching. Some of the parameters that I had in mind were:
(1) Technically, it should be the best for my needs.
(2) It should be accurate even without a pad and on the cotton-mat that I use as table top.
(3) It should be extremely comfortable to hold ( the grip of it) and touch ( the feel of it).
(4) It should be wireless, to avoid another wire near the whole setup.
I have always liked Logitech products and preferred a logitech one. M280 specs mentioned about “New-generation of Advanced optical tracking” , “soft-rubber” grip designed for specifically right-handed use and natural curves. This made me go for the M280.
c) MOUSE Pros/Cons
- mouse looks great with its mat rubbered finish!
- the scroller is broader than other mice I have used.
- Has a natural grip as advertised.
- No annoying optical tracking lights.
- Holder for wireless connector inside the mouse on the back.
- Quite accurate for my usage.
- Availability of latest model of logitech ensuring the latest technology (or the one used in more expensive but older models)
- Surely a value for money. I had not set any price constraint while choosing to buy the mouse and I think this Rs 960 product takes care of all my needs over any more expensive a mouse.
None I can think of. If I could change something, that would be to make it slightly smaller.
d) AMAZON DELIVERY and RELIABILITY
I have purchased this product in India on amazon.in. Though I have been a regular purchaser of online products from flipkart, I have been vary of picking them from amazon coz of the incident of someone getting a soap instead of a mobile phone doing the rounds on facebook. So I cautiously ordered COD. The delivery boy , on request ,showed me the sealed product by taking it out of the loose yet safe outer packing before I chose to pay for it. Secondly I could pay by debit card which I prefer over cash. With flipkart the debit card payment facility is not available on COD ( at least in my area here in Chandigarh). This is my second order from amazon and I am gaining trust in buying products from them. Hope they keep it this way and better it !
EDIT: After using it for about 2 weeks I would like to add that I find the mouse to be a little heavier than what I would want it to be. This could be because it is cordless. I guess all cordless mice must be the same or heavier weight given that this has one battery (AA though not AAA) also inside it. You may prefer a corded one if you prefer lighter mouse. Secondly I find that the scroll is like any other mouse, with discrete circular motion ( I guess this is how mice are designed). I prefer the smooth scrolling motion I get on my trackpad. Wish the mice had continuous circular motion.