MINIX NEO Z83-4, Intel Cherry Trail Fanless Mini PC Windows 10 (64-bit) [4GB/32GB/Dual-Band Wi-Fi/Gigabit Ethernet/Dual Output/4K]. Sold Directly by MINIX Technology Limited. Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

minix-technology-lim

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 252 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 252 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• Palm-Sized Computing - Ultra-compact design combined with premium performance. Equipped with Intel’s Cherry Trail Quad-Core processor.
  • Excellent Thermal Design - Perfect balance of speed, temperature, performance and absolute silence. Low operating temperature and incredibly energy-efficient.
  • Desktop Performance - Lightning-fast and highly responsive user experience. Exceptional connectivity capabilities, packed with 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet.
  • Multi-Purpose PC - Excellent Thin Client Solution or Home Theater PC. Equipped with Dual Output display ports (Mini DP and HDMI) and supports up to 4K @ 30fps.
  • Ready To Run Out Of The Box - 32GB of Samsung eMMC (MLC), 4GB of DDR3L memory and pre-installed with Windows 10 (64-bit).
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Ivy G. :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

67 people found the following review helpful

I love these things and have 4 of them at my ...

I love these things and have 4 of them at my business. They only draw 2-10 watts, so the electricity cost is substantially less than a full tower, and yet they can run full 30fps video on 2 4k monitors at the same time.

We run office, surf the web, run smaller (500mb or less) business applications these and they pay for themselves within a year by the energy savings. Because they are so blazingly fast, (at least compared to my laptop) they will also save us employee time.

Things I have learned owning them:

1. IF YOU FLIP A SWITCH THAT KILLS POWER TO A UNIT - EVEN WITH WINDOWS PROPERLY SHUTDOWN BEFOREHAND - IT WILL CORRUPT THE MEMORY ON THE HD OR PARTITIONS UNLESS YOU HAVE TURNED OFF ‘FAST REBOOT’ FROM THE POWER OPTIONS IN WINDOWS. THIS IS NOT COMMUNICATED ANYWHERE EXCEPT MINIXFORUM.
  2. Because power loss can corrupt the memory, I recommend taking a disk image so you can easily rebuild the unit if you have powerloss. It might also be a good idea to run the unit on a small UPS. Longterm, Minix should add a capacitor so the units can shut down safely when there is a power outage.
    2 : Display port is only able to be converted to D-Sub VGA signal. HDMI Port can be converted to DVI. So, if you want to run two monitors that have D-Sub (VGA) connectors, you will need HDMI-DVI adapter and one Displayport- VGA Adapter. (Read: displayport CANNOT be converted to HDMI then run through a HDMI-DVI ADAPTER)

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: MINIX NEO Z83-4, Intel Cherry Trail Fanless Mini PC Windows 10 (64-bit) [4GB/32GB/Dual-Band Wi-Fi/Gigabit Ethernet/Dual Output/4K]. Sold Directly by MINIX Technology Limited.

Maybe this can help.

MINIX NEO Z83-4 Fanless Mini PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwNOr3nPL48