Monoprice 111614 Black Metal Housing Dual Extrusion 3D Printer Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

monoprice

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• Join the 3D printing revolution with this Dual Extrusion 3D Printer from Monoprice!
  • 3D printing is the hot ticket now, primarily because it allows you to cheaply produce a design prototype prior to manufacture and, as can be seen from news reports
  • This 3D printer features a dual extrusion head, which allows for two color print jobs. It can use 1.75mm ABS, PLA, and PVA filaments and supports layer thicknesses from 0.1 ~ 0.5 mm
  • The printer comes with two 1kg reels of PLA filament
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

here is a youtube video

The Monoprice Dual Extrusion 3D printer is a frustratingly fun and expensive toy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7kdYOGWKxo

Amazon Review by G. Thomas :star::star::star::star::star:

6 people found the following review helpful

Definitely worth it for those with a creative mind.

Before anything I should state that 3D printing requires patience and determination. It is not a plug-and-print setup by any means. However if you are willing to work at it the ability to print all kinds of items is a lot of fun and pretty rewarding. If you are looking for an out of the box experience then I suggest looking elsewhere. If you like a challenge, like building models or tinkering with electronics then this is a must have item. You're going to have to expend some time in setting up the printer and getting used to the software package. They need a little tweaking to get good with. Alternatively you can purchase Simplify3D software and that will take a lot of the pain away. This is basically the same as a Flashforge Creator X and most of the modifications you can get of make for that printer work on this. You're going to want to buy extra PLA 1.75mm filament too, and a roll of 9020 2" or 3" painters tape and a small paint scraper to lift prints. These will make your experience a lot nicer. I've had my printer several months now and I hardly ever turn it off. By the way, the printer "sings" while it's printing, so you won't want it in your living room. Good Luck and happy printing.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Monoprice 111614 Black Metal Housing Dual Extrusion 3D Printer