4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 2480 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 430 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• Fast 4G LTE speed, up to 2.0 GHz octa-core processor, 4 GB of RAM, and a bright 5.2" full HD (1080p) display ensures videos and games run smoothly and look great
  • Enjoy the best of Google Android 7.0 Nougat, including Google Play Store, Google Maps, Gmail and more
  • Take brilliant photos with the 12 MP HD camera or snap group shots with a 5 MP wide-angle selfie cam. Add up to 128 GB of additional storage with a microSD card
  • The all-day battery includes TurboPower ™ charging which provides up to 6 hours of use in just 15 minutes
  • Unlocked and carrier-friendly, works with all major carrier networks domestically or abroad
  • The fingerprint sensor instantly unlocks your phone
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Dayna Richardson :star::star::star::star::star:

925 people found the following review helpful

Excellent value with minimal compromise.

Bought this phone (64gb version) to replace an iPhone 6s 16gb version, wanted to try Android again (tend to ping-pong Apple and Android every other generation).

The phone is incredibly fast and has lots of internal storage. The camera also has a fast shutter and takes incredible pictures when the lighting is just right. The SIM and SD card tray is a little odd until you figure out what’s going on, but once you figure it out and slide the tray back in, the phone recognized both no problem. Pretty much stock Android with a few Moto quirks (twist for camera, flick for flashlight) that don’t bog down the phone like Samsung software tends to do (my old Galaxy S6). Android 7.0 is its own review, but considering my last Android was 5.0, the newer features are very welcome.

Two things I’m sure people want to know:
1 - This works on T-Mobile no issues; didn’t have to call anyone or anything like that, plugged in the SIM and off I went.
2 - My version is the Prime Exclusive with lock-screen ads. Basically, the difference between this and the standard version ($60 more) is twofold: mine came with Amazon’s apps pre-installed on the phone, all in their own folder and the lock-screen will almost always have an ad. If you have no notifications, it will be a full screen ad which can be swiped away; if you have notifications, it will just be another notification, always below your main notifications, that can also be swiped away. These ads don’t interfere with your ability to get into your phone instantly and don’t interfere with notifications or checking the time.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Moto G Plus (5th Generation) - Lunar Gray - 64 GB - Unlocked

Best Buy Review by Wrasse :star::star::star::star::star:

first phone ive paid for in years

I wanted to upgrade my LG as it was a few years old,but it seems the days of good "free" phones are a thing of the past,so i decided to break down and buy 1,although it was kind of a spur of the moment purchase as an online store had them on special and BB matched their price. My only complaint and it is not with the phone but with the BB sales person,he sold me the $75 protection plan and said all i had to do was bring my phone in and they will replace it-he neglected to tell me that there is a $60 service fee if you do ever have to use the plan,My LG is 3ish yrs old and on a monthly plan through T-Mobile,my phone still had the plastic on the screen from date of purchase,so $135 was too much to pay for a protection plan imho,especially when he conveniently neglected to mention the service fee,i wouldve been very upset had i had to use it and was then informed of it-thankfully i found out soon enough to cancel it and get my 75 bucks back. As for the phone,for the price i paid-well below the $299 that it is being sold for-and i do mean much lower,this phone is incredible,it is miles ahead of my old LG,i heve no issues with the screen brightness-i think it is beautiful,i dont listen to music through it so cant comment on that,but i do use it on speaker phone all the time as im disabled and it is much easier,for a phone it is super fast if using for other things than a phone-i build desktop computers and the specs on this phone are incredible-more powerful than some laptops.The camera works quite well,i shoot a Canon 7D so a phone camera will never compare,but it takes nice pictures from what ive seen so far. With it being unlocked it was a breeze to swap all my info over to it and switch everything over to T-Mobile-although i did have to stop by my local store after leaving BB so they could finish,and do a proper job of transferring all of my apps and contacts etc over to it,again a shortcoming on BBs staff and their inability to do a job completely or adequately. So overall this phone is incredible for what i paid for it i expected to pay WAY more than just over 200 bucks for a phone of this quality,my friends that have to have the latest and greatest are very jealous of it and the cost LMAO . Again my only complaints are in the poorly trained staff at BB (they would rather chat with each other than help a customer with their full attention-as the sales guy was BSing w/his buddies while "helping"??? me),another example is he said he applied my rewards points towards the purchase-which he did not do (i am an Elite Plus Member) so i earn a lot of rewards-i usually dont even ask for help when i go to BB as it is usually easier to know what i want,as they do not know their products they sell like they should. All in all i guess my only gripe would be is the lack of availability of good cases for this phone at brick and mortar stores,i did find great cases online for great prices-i couldnt decide on which 1 i wanted so bought both MIL SPEC armor cases-1 w/protective glass for screen,1 w/out for 28 bucks delivered-yes that is for both cases,and they arent cheap clear rubbery plastic ones.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Moto G Plus (5th Generation) - Lunar Gray - 64 GB - Unlocked

Check this video

@geek30 Not sure yet