NETGEAR CM400 (8x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. Max download speeds of 340Mbps. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more (CM400-100NAS) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

netgear

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 549 customers
3.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 466 customers
    3.7 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 83 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $120 per year
  • DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port.
  • Up to 340Mbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 8x4 channel bonding.
  • DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
  • Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
  • Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
  • Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Bryan :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

80 people found the following review helpful

Decent modem that just worked.

No problems with the modem on Comcast.

You can self-activate online (will bring up portal when you try to browser) or you can call in.

I’ve tested it on a few different head end equipment even and it just works.

If your line (signal, noise etc.) are all within spec you won’t have issues.

You can check your levels by browsing to 192.168.100.1 (regardless of network IP as this is handled by your router routing) and looking at “Cable Connection”.

Basically you want power on Downstream channels to be between -10dBmv and +10dBmv. Anything outside that is out of spec and you need to either remove splitters or call Comcast/provider to correct.

The Downstream SNR should be above 33dB. Anything lower means noise on the line and unstable connection.

Upstream power should be below 51dBmv. Anything above that means disconnects will probably randomly occur.
Upstream SNR you can’t view from the modem and requires calling in to see if it’s within spec (this is true for all modems).

IF your levels meet all these requirements and you have issues it’s probably Upstream SNR which is a pain sometimes for a provider to track because it can be random come and go and calling in at a time they may see it’s fine. BUT they should be able to monitor it for history to see if it keeps happening etc.

Anyway just wanted to share all this. Outside of these specs your connection technically can be stable still but it’s out of spec and not guaranteed.

I know you shouldn’t have to know how to do or even care about all this but sometimes companies just can’t get it right and require you to look for yourself. Bad or experienced employees exists everywhere at all ISP. You may luck out and get someone who knows what to do and what stuff should be and none of this matter if you’re having issues, or may have to put in more effort.

Hopefully most of you won’t ever have to look or care :slight_smile:

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: NETGEAR CM400 (8x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. Max download speeds of 340Mbps. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more (CM400-100NAS)

Youtube video:

NETGEAR CM400Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.0 Review

Walmart Review by Grampa2000 :star::star::star::star::star:

89 people found the following review helpful

Happy as a Clam!

Easy installation & start up once TWC loaded the modem's MAC address. It took about 5 minutes max and I was free of TWC's $10/month rental fee! Woo-woo! This modem is capable of much higher speeds than TWC's modem. I'm getting 36Mbps on my home Wifi from down in the basement. Typically I would only get 25-26 Mbps using the older TWC modem with the identical, WiFi setup. I'm happy as a clam!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: NETGEAR CM400 (8x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. Max download speeds of 340Mbps. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more (CM400-100NAS)

@wartassault Thanks :smile: