NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24x8) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router (C7000) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & more Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

netgear-inc

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4824 customers
4.5 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1698 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 3094 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 32 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Two-in-One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router delivers AC1900 WiFi and up to 960Mbps modem speed
  • Required for fastest Internet speed tiers offered by XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner MAXX and Cox Premier & Ultimate
  • Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services)
  • ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Approximately $120/year savings, Troubleshooting assistance may be found in the User Manual in Chapter 10, starting on page 102 below
  • 24x8 channel bonding enables up to 960 Mbps download speeds
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by The Waverunning Geek :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

384 people found the following review helpful

Fast, Expensive, Lots of Room For Improvement

As a Sysadmin, I have pretty high standards for my tech equipment. There's many arguments for separating your cable modem from your Wi-Fi router and the Netgear C6300 may be another one. After 90 days of ownership, these are my thoughts.

=GOOD=

Speed - Fast. Gigabit ports. 802.11ac support.

Setup - Easy setup with Comcast/Xfinity. No calls to make. Simply go to their activation site and wait 5-10 minutes.

USB - Lets you add a network printer or network storage.

IPv6 - ipv6-test.com gives me a 17/20 due to Comcast not providing an ipv6 hostname, reverse DNS record, and issues with ICMPv6.

DLNA - Works as expected.

=NEUTRAL=

Size - Some might consider it large, but since these are usually tucked away, who cares?

Controls - Power On/Off, Wi-Fi On/Off, and WPS. Some may like these, but I don’t use them.

=BAD=

Web UX - As others have noted, the web interface in painfully slow. In 2015, there’s really no excuse for this. The only way to improve the interface speed is to restart the router. Unfortunately, there’s no option to do this automatically. As of 2/5/2015 there has been no firmware updates, which isn’t a good sign considering they must be aware of this issue. Also, you can’t edit the hostnames on the Network Map through the web interface. You can do this using mobile apps, but the changes are only applied locally.

Indicator Lights - The LEDs aren’t as informative as the Motorola Surfboard which change from green to blue to indicate bonded channels.

Warranty - 90 days phone / 1 year equipment doesn’t speak to the confidence of their product quality. Should be at least 3 years all around, especially for the premium we’re paying.

Software - Genie software hasn’t been updated for the C6300 which means many of the features are unavailable.

USB Speed - Stuck at 2.0 and should be 3.0.

Customization - Don’t expect anything like DD-WRT levels of customization.

Expensive - It will take a few years for you to recoup the rental costs you would have paid.

=BOTTOM LINE=

I give this router 3 out of 5 stars for being just OK and having a lot of room to improve.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24x8) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router (C7000) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & more

Walmart Review by AlanHawk :star::star::star::star::star:

Expensive but worth it.

Needed to upgrade the home network and having a household full of gamers wanted something that would help everyone out. After reading a few reviews on other I settled on the R700 Nighthawk. Definite improvement in speeds across the wireless network, enough that the load time on various game profiles went from taking a nap to almost blinking. Was easy to setup, configuring the more advanced settings to enable gaming was immensely easy and thus far everyone is happy. No more needing to use a range extender because the connection is great without it.

If someone needs a router to work for an entire household this is worth it.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24x8) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router (C7000) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & more

Best Buy Review by Srupimoo :star::star::star::star::star:

Extreme Performance Modem/Router From NETGEAR.

Ive received this item to review and test the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk Cable Modem Router, thanks to being part of the NETGEAR Friends & Family Test & Review Program. Im very happy to be part of this Program and will be giving all honest reviews throughout my participation with this program.

~First Thoughts~
I received this modem within three business days straight from NETGEAR, upon receiving the box I immediately opened the product to expect and review the condition I received the item in just in case there was an issue but I didnt find one besides that the item seems to have been previously used (Very Lightly) due to the NETGEAR sticker being broken.

Ive heard of the Nighthawk Routers that you can find though Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy and all other websites that you can buy them from. I enjoy the great reviews from those products it has always made me want to own one but I have never had the chance to get one.

This is the first time that Ive heard about the Nighthawk Cable Modem/Router that seems to have been released this year so being able to test this item and review it has been a privilege and honor.

~Setup~
The setup for this modem was very easy and straight forward process. I did currently own a NETGEAR modem the CM500 that I bought this year at $120 so I had to swap out modems with Comcast which was a bit of a process due to Comcast out sourcing their Customer Care Service.

Setting up the Wi-Fi for this modem is easy too thanks to the NETGEAR Genie, Ive had pass experience with NETGEAR Modems & Routers so using the NETGEAR Genie was a breeze and almost any user that is new with any product that NETGEAR produces will have a very fast setup process.

~Features~
The features of this modem are awesome with it being a 2-1 Modem I am able to remove the middle man that Ive always had on my desk (i.e. standalone router) that has always plagued all mankind since its existence.

Beamforming that this modem includes is an awesome feature to have, before with my standalone router I always had so little distance that I could go before losing my connection with the router while being on my phone so now I am covered all over my house. I have never experience this before and I believe that it only works on the 5GHz channel.

Another neat little thing is now I can see what 2.4GHz & 5GHz Wi-Fi networks that are cluttering the surrounding area that I live in and being able to see this I am able to figure out what channel to move too for a better signal if needed.

24x8 Channel Bonding thats 24 Downstream channels and 8 Upstream channels allowing for a better connection. This means Ill enjoy full connection with the Comcast Servers while at high peak usage hours in my town when everyone is connected.

~Performance~
Right out of the box the performance with this Nighthawk Modem is amazing Im reaching the max that my connection is allowed in my area until I upgrade my package at a later time but right now Im on the Blast 93Mbps/12Mbps speeds.

The 24 Downstream bonding channels will future proof myself until Comcast deploys the 24 channels in my area currently its 16x4 bonding and with this modem allowing me to have 8 upstream channels that will also help out a lot when they implement these bonding channels.

Downloading huge files within Steam-Game Client have never been faster before at 12MB/s giving me the chance to enjoy my games better within a less time frame with downloading them to my computer. Ping has been a problem for a while for me but now thats better too thanks to everything being a 2-1 Modem.

~Did Product meet my expectation?~
YES!!

Im really enjoying this modem because of everything that it has to offer and feeling a bit future proof for now thanks to it having the 24x8 downstream channels, beamforming for Wi-Fi , and for it being a DOCSIS 3.0 Modem.

I do hope they release a DOCSIS 3.1 Modem soon within the next year.

~Price-value~
The price on this modem is a bit pricey at the moment in time with its price tag at $279.99 so Im not sure if everyone would jump out and grab this modem at this full price range so I hope over some time that the price on it does go down so all end users can enjoy this great modem.

~Would I recommend this modem to my friends and or a family member?~
Another yes from me due to its extreme performance and punishment that it can take while being connected to one or more computers even with all the wireless devices that are connected to it right now.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24x8) Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router (C7000) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & more

NETGEAR NighthawkDOCSIS 3.0 AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router Product Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ad-HQaEZJM