OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES for 8.4-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Black (77-50165) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

otter-products-emea

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 214 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 193 customers
    4.6 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 21 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• May not be compatible with 30-pin to Lightning Adapters or non-Apple branded USB to Lightning cables.
  • Robust, 3-layer protective case withstands drops, bumps and shock
  • Built-in screen protector guards against scratches
  • Port covers keep out dust and debris
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by 8ball_99 :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

21 people found the following review helpful

Awesome case for my Tab S

Awesome case for my Tab S. Fit and finish is perfect. I really like the feel of the tablet with this case on it. Yes it does add some bulk and weight to the tablet. With this case though I don't feel like the tablet is ever going to slip out of my hands or out of my lap. Not to mention if it does its very well protected. I've had several phones with otterbox cases. I've never had one fail on me and added bonus when its time for a new on. I get top dollar for my old device cause they always look brand new when you take the case off. Something that really surprised me was the cover/stand that comes with the case. I honestly didn't think I would use it because it would add even more bulk to my ultra thin tablet. Its actually pretty cool. It adds another layer of protection to the tablet and with the way its shapped the tablet feels really good in your hands with the cover snapped onto the back. As far as use as a stand. Its the best stand you could ask for. Nice flat base with rubber feet. The tablet is held in place very well at any of the three positions. I had a book style cover before I purchased this case. Using that as a stand just didn't work very well. It would fall over easily. And when standing the tablet up you where placing the soft inside microfiber face down on what ever surface. Doesn't take but a few bar tops or resturant tables to realize its not a great design. That microfiber liner soaks up any moisture, dirt, ect. Then you close your case placing that dirty fabric directly against the screen of your tablet...

Con
Now the reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5. Like I said I’ve had several otterbox cases. They always have cut outs in the front screen protector for buttons, sensors, ect. So this was no surpise. Don’t expect a 100% sealed case. The problem I have with this case is the screen protector just stops at the top edge of the screen where the bezel starts… So if you look at the picture that large cut out that shows samsungs name is all open. Not only does this leave a large opening for dust to get behind, it also means when you swipe from the top down your running your finger over the edge of screen protector. Its just a bad design… The screen protector should have ran all the way up with just a cutout for the sensor. I’m sure this was to save on cost. But for the price of this case it shouldn’t have this problem. I spend the money on otter box cases for the protection and warranty. The Poetic case sold here on amazon for less then 30 bucks doesn’t have thiis design flaw… On top of that it has a longer warranty. Despite that I’ll keep my otterbox because overall I like it. I just hope otterbox is paying attetion…

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES for 8.4-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Black (77-50165)

Walmart Review by ttswan :star::star::star::star::star:

1 people found the following review helpful

Otterbox is Amazing!!

This is my 4th style otterbox and it is Amazing! ! Great protection and tight fit! !

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES for 8.4-Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Black (77-50165)