Philips 279X6QJSW 27-Inch CURVED, Free Sync Gaming LED Monitor, Full HD, 4ms , VGA / HDMI / DP Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

envision

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 160 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 160 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• 27" Class Curved MVA Panel LED Monitor (27" Viewable) Full HD 1920x 1080 resolution
  • AMD Free Sync Technology for effortlessly smooth gameplay
  • 16:9 Aspect Ratio w/ color support of 16.7 Million Colors
  • Brightness - 300 cd/m2, Dynamic Contrast Ratio - 50,000,000:1, Response Time - 4ms
  • Connectivity - VGA, HDMI w/MHL, Display Port, Audio In/Out
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Bickle :star::star::star::star::star:

49 people found the following review helpful

Friggen Sweet

After much research and not liking any monitors spec i saw, I finally stumbled upon this. There were a few things i was looking for. High refresh rate, nice adjustable stand, NO speakers, high specs (1080, 1ms, etc) and 3 year warranty. This monitor I knew had all these things, except for the warranty. Taking a chance and not wanting to get a asus monitor, what would you know when I get the monitor the warranty card says it has three years, YES. More unexpected features....It designed so well that you cant see any cables plugged in anywhere on it (unless its to high you might see them), has a nice loop in the back for cable management, and no annoying bright lights to stare at. Also for the remote, that thing is awesome, good bye are the days of pressing the wrong buttons to try and adjust something on the fly.

As for how it looks with 144hz, awesome if not amazing would be the best way to describe it. After being on 60 hz monitors since 09, I wasn’t really all that convinced about 144. I knew it would look nice, but how nice? Apparently very nice, its something you have to see to believe. Was messing between 60 hz, 120 hz, and 144 and there is a very notable difference, you eyes can literally feel it. Even my dad, who is 55 and not the most tech savy person in the world, even noticed the difference. I noticed one reviewer mentioned said it felt like he was cheating, he is right. Games play so perfectly its not even funny. GOOD BYE V SYNCH.

I have ran into one or two minor quirks worth mentioning, but nothing that affects the monitor in any way. I like the usb ports, but using them the other day with my wireless headset it seems to cut out here and there. Plugged it back into my pc and no problems. Might have just been the game or something else, have to test it more. Also I noticed the screen saver not working all the time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Again, not really blaming the monitor, we all know how pc’s can be.

I’m using an amd 8350 4hz, evga gtx 680, 8 gig ddr3, 6gb sec 4tb drive, asus mobo. For 6 months or so this setup didn’t feel like much. As you can see it’s no slouch. Not really being impressed with it i wasn’t paying to much mind to my new pc. That was until my crappy 19 inch samsung screen crapped out. Oh well, time for a NEW ONE! This monitor gave a whole new meaning to playing games on my pc, and really unleashed what its capable of. Don’t be lazy like i was and forked up all this cash for a new pc, just to be using a crappy monitor. You don’t want this monitor, you NEED this monitor if your using a high end setup. Otherwise your wasting your money cause you didn’t spend more. Yes, it sounds crazy but its true. BUY THIS.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Philips 279X6QJSW 27-Inch CURVED, Free Sync Gaming LED Monitor, Full HD, 4ms , VGA / HDMI / DP