Pioneer AVH-X2800BS In-Dash DVD Receiver with 6.2" Display, Bluetooth, SiriusXM-Ready Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

pioneer-electronics-

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 603 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 289 customers
    4.3 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 296 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 18 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• Dvd/CD receiver with Internal amp (14 watts RMS cea-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
  • supports two phones at once
  • Siri eyes free with compatible devices
  • Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control -optional adapter required for viewing video content
  • Works with SiriusXM Sxv300 tuner-supports new tune mix, traffic & weather now, and sports flash Features
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Jason Ricca :star::star::star::star::star:

70 people found the following review helpful

Solid performer, great value, minor technical flaws

Edit: Updating to five stars. If I could do 9/10, I would. This little unit is very highly featured and has great sound quality.

Currently there is one other review for two stars of the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS. I guess the marketing nerds at Pioneer don’t know you shouldn’t put “BS” in your product names, I digress.

The issues our other reviewer has had with connecting the phone into the unit wirelessly, I am not experiencing.

The good:
Four stars for value, features, and sound quality. I paid $245. This unit has a DVD player, video in/out, a separate reverse cam-in (more on that later), built-in high and low pass filtering with selectable slope for front/rear and sub RCA (4 volt) outputs, and plenty of power for stock speakers. The sound quality, is a clean sounding unit free of amplifier distortion/clipping up to the max volume. I purchased and installed an eSky back-up camera too use with this unit, and as long as you wire it all up correctly, the backup feed comes on automatically. A huge benefit in my full size truck. The integration with my Galaxy Note 4 phone book/contacts is well executed, and hands free calling is a breeze with the included wired microphone.

The bad:
I could have given this little dynamo five stars if not for one thing. My major gripe is that the unit is not quiet at idle, leaking high frequency noise when powered up without an audio signal. I usually associate this with poor filtering of the display noise from the audio section of the unit. That’s my layman’s way of explaining the issue, I’m not sure that’s exactly what’s causing the noise. As an audiophile, and based on my long term positive experiences with Pioneer car audio products, this is disappointing. Fortunately, this “threshold” noise doesn’t increase in volume with increasing volume levels. Basically, as long as you’re using the unit, or driving down the road, you’ll probably never notice this.

The ugly:
There are minor quirky things with the Bluetooth connection, along the lines of the text displayed, the time signal for audio processing seems to vary a bit (audio playback slows and speeds up seemingly at random- the BT Audio in my Subaru legacy does the same thing, it might be my phone), the “mode” button on the unit face doesn’t seem to do anything at all.

The thing is, were talking about an extraordinarily feature packed multimedia computer that is expected to play nice across multiple software and hardware formats, and it does an exceptional job of that considering how little retail is on it.

Would buy again, no hesitation.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Pioneer AVH-X2800BS In-Dash DVD Receiver with 6.2" Display, Bluetooth, SiriusXM-Ready

Walmart Review by Sinbad533 :star::star::star::star::star:

24 people found the following review helpful

Poineer In-Dash multimedia system. aVHX2800BS

Great In-dash multimedia system, works as described! I now have GPS, Blue tooth, Back up Camera, and DVD player capabilities. Could not have purchased a better after market radio. Also, received great customer service. Would definitely recommend this product. However, I should caution that the DVD player will not play while vehicle is in motion from within the Dash. But, I hear that there is a by pass available for it. Should, however, play when connected to aux mode for back seat drivers.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Pioneer AVH-X2800BS In-Dash DVD Receiver with 6.2" Display, Bluetooth, SiriusXM-Ready

Youtube video:

What is difference between the AVH X2800BS and the AVH X2700BS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nEDehHXJA