4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar: by 5 customers
    2.8 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 150 customers
    3.5 out of 5

Features

• HIGH QUALITY HEADSET: Wideband audio quality includes superior technology that eliminates Wi-Fi interference and acoustic protection against audio spikes.
  • SUPERIOR RANGE: Wireless multitasking is easy with DECT 6.0 technology, allowing you to clearly communicate up to 350 feet away from your desk.
  • LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Sleek design for the most comfortable and lightest DECT headset on the market and includes one touch controls to answer or end calls.
  • LONG LASTING BATTERY: Offers 6 hours of talk time and features an energy efficient adaptive power system to conserve battery life.
  • ADVANCED MICROPHONE TECHNOLOGY: Wireless headset includes an extended boom to improve microphone quality and features noise-canceling microphone that reduces background noise. NOTE- This headset is NOT Bluetooth compatible.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by M. Gustafson :star::star::star::star::star:

109 people found the following review helpful

Great piece of hardware

I bought this item as a replacement for my old CS55. My CS55 worked fine in my last two offices but when I came to my new job customers would tell me that they couldn't hear me when I spoke to them. I could hear them, but I would cut in and out and it was quite frustrating.

This product came on time and worked perfectly out of the box (despite the UPS box showing up like it had been mauled by a bear with chainsaws for arms…great job UPS…but I digress).

This was very easy to setup and the base is actually smaller than the old CS55 which is great for the limited space on my desk. It came nearly fully charged and was ready to use in about 20 minutes. I use the headband+earpiece because it is more stable than just the earpiece, and it it sits comfortably over my head. The sound coming through into my ear is clear and crisp.

The volume and mute button is much easier to use than on the old CS55, it protrudes more and is easier to push. The volume button makes a toned noise as you go up and down which is somehow kind of nice and refreshing. There is also a light on the base…green means it’s on, flashing green means it’s charging, and red means you have it on mute.

I am able to wander further from my desk than with the old CS55. In fact, I could go through a door to our kitchen area which is separated from our office by a central dividing wall and I could still hear the conversation and speak as well. I can now get more coffee while on long calls.

The actual microphone arm is more versatile from an adjustment standpoint, instead of only rotation on an axis it is actually more of a ball and socket type thing which allows for some spherical adjustment (up and down as well as closer and further from your mouth).

The best is that there is zero interference from the 20 other wireless headsets in my new office.

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and would recommend it to any sales professional.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Plantronics-CS540 Convertible Wireless Headset

Walmart Review by 5 users :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

plastic HURTS ear

our office has worn/used Plantronic wireless head sets for years. I just purchased 5 - of the 540 units and everyone one of us have been complaining how the plastic ear holder is so uncomfortable. The last wireless was flexable and very comfortable.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Plantronics-CS540 Convertible Wireless Headset

@michigan Thank you

Youtube video:

Plantronics CS540 Setup Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVb0jh-zeA

Best Buy Review by wildhare34 :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent Plantronics Headset

Have used these in the past. Works with Avaya 9608G IP phone. Easy setup and crystal clear on calls, for both caller and receiver.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Plantronics-CS540 Convertible Wireless Headset