Portal wifi router - Keeps your wifi maxed out at the speed you pay for, Patented technology, Reliable and affordable coverage for homes up to 3,000 sq.ft., Gigabit speed, Easy setup and app. (AC2400) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

ignition-design-labs

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 633 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 582 customers
    4.0 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 51 customers
    4.9 out of 5

Features

• World’s fastest Wi-Fi in crowded areas
  • Portal router drastically improved my Wi-Fi connection
  • 9X powerful internal antennas - 10x faster lag-free gaming and fast streaming video, fully compatible
  • Unbeatable 3-year warranty provides peace of mind so you can order in confidence
  • Ac2400, mu-mimo, beamforming, mesh 2.0, Self optimizing, enterprise-grade security and privacy
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Robert S :star::star::star::star::star:

157 people found the following review helpful

Damn good Router!

I already had a pretty powerful router. But this one is better. And smaller to! 0_0 I run a plex server throughout my house, so I like to have as much bandwidth as possible. I also have a ps4 hooked up to a projector on a different floor from the router, and lag/latency was a slight issue. This little gem seems to have solved that problem, and more. Filing up the airwaves of my house. And allowing me to choose funny wifi names that the neighbors are forced to deal with. The way it operates across the full available wifi spectrum is amazing. And I may take it with me when I visit my mom in NYC. She's in an apartment building and pretty much everyone there has the same internet provider and routers. As a result of that her wifi hardly goes past 40 feet. I think this baby could solve her problems and I can't wait to test it.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Portal wifi router - Keeps your wifi maxed out at the speed you pay for, Patented technology, Reliable and affordable coverage for homes up to 3,000 sq.ft., Gigabit speed, Easy setup and app. (AC2400)

Best Buy Review by DarkStar :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent product that embraces new technology

As an early adopter on Kickstarter, I decided to fund the Portal on the basis of its new AC technology which will help keep up with the future internet of things in my soon to be connected house.

Connecting it to my old router was a breeze since I’m quite technically savvy, however, those less so will still find setup quite easy to do with the included directions.

My Motorola SURFboard which was given to me from my ISP had become outdated with no updates being received (as far as I could tell) over the five years I have owned it. In addition, while the coverage was good in my room ten feet away, my parents’ room didn’t get the best speed and occasionally dropped out at 45 feet. Maybe it was due to the three walls plus bathroom mirror, or maybe the hardware was just dated.

My ISPs package provides us with 60 down and 8 up. With my Motorola router I was getting about 30-40 down, and 6 up. I was actually planning to confront my ISP about this but then I heard about the Portal. Now my whole house is given consistent coverage and my ISP is meeting its specified speeds, and even going a little above those speeds when the surrounding networks aren’t busy.

Speaking of sounding networks, I can’t begin to tell you how useful the Portal has been with all the neighbors and their networks. On some days after work and school, our connection would suffer since everyone was on the same wireless channel. Switching channels didn’t work either because they were all taken up and each channel was often dedicated to multiple independent networks. Oh, and me and my parents don’t fume if I decide to start up a game in the middle of their Netflix stream. Their movie isn’t stuck loading, and my games don’t lag. This new technology like AC wireless and dynamic frequency switching is really something to be embraced.

The back-end side on the internet is quite easy to manage as well. Everything is neatly organized and simple to understand and easy to configure.

To tie it all off, its even got two USB slots in the back for some network attached storage. Great for saving all the family photos and videos to without having to keep all those images on our own devices storage.

Overall, my wireless expectations are now being met thanks to the Portal which is not only effective in what it sets out to do, but also looks quite stylish while doing so.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Portal wifi router - Keeps your wifi maxed out at the speed you pay for, Patented technology, Reliable and affordable coverage for homes up to 3,000 sq.ft., Gigabit speed, Easy setup and app. (AC2400)

Portal wifi router

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6fsJRg3Mtk

@geek30 thanks :+1: