Pyle PLAM40 20 Feet 4 Gauge 1600 Watt Amplifier Hookup For Battery Head Unit and Speakers Installation Kit Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

sound-around

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 367 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 305 customers
    3.8 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 62 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• Kit Includes:
  • 20ft 4-gauge Red Power Wire
  • 4ft 4-gauge Black Ground Wire
  • Kit Includes:
  • 20-Ft 4 Gauge Red Power Wire
  • 4-Ft 4 Gauge Black Ground Wire
  • 20-Ft 16 Gauge Blue Remote Turn-On
  • 20-Ft 12 Gauge Speaker Wire
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Amazon Customer :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

68 people found the following review helpful

Not 4 gauge! More like 8 gauge with thick insulation!

The cable included in this kit appears to be 8ga with thick insulation to make it look like 4ga. I compared it to a real 4ga and a 9ga cable I had lying around and the wire is only slightly thicker than the 9ga and nowhere near the thickness of the 4ga. If you buy this, you'll note that there are no markings on the cable giving the specs. Also, a 60Amp fuse will give you ~800 Watts max at the amplifier (60 amps x 13.5 volts = 810 Watts).

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Pyle PLAM40 20 Feet 4 Gauge 1600 Watt Amplifier Hookup For Battery Head Unit and Speakers Installation Kit

Walmart Review by someguyonline :star::star::star::star::star:

38 people found the following review helpful

Functions exactly as promised

I got this because I needed 8-gauge or better for my application. If you consult an AWG size table, you'll see 4-gauge cable should be .20" thick, while 8-gauge should be .13" thick. After reading the reviews here, I measured the copper myself and found it to be about 13/64", which translates to .20" thick.

This cable kit worked as intended and made my set-up process quick and easy. The only thing I would have changed about it is to tip the RCA cables in copper or brass rather than the gimmicky gold plating.

Higher-quality cable is certainly available, but not in the price range of this kit. For that and for the ease of installation this kit made possible, I’ll give it a full 5 stars.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Pyle PLAM40 20 Feet 4 Gauge 1600 Watt Amplifier Hookup For Battery Head Unit and Speakers Installation Kit

@barbarogailee I love it :slight_smile: