Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Fully Programmable and 5 Macro Keys Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

razer-inc

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2816 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1535 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 1279 customers
    4.8 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Built around Razer’s award-winning Mechanical Switches designed from the ground up for hard-core gaming. The crisp, tactile feel, responsiveness and consistency deliver a unique unfair gaming advantage.
  • Extreme Durability- Razer mechanical switches are rated up to 80 million keystrokes and come with a 2-year warranty.
  • Express your individuality and get the leg-up in games with Chroma backlighting and over 16.8 million color options.
  • Fully programmable keys + 5 additional gaming keys with on-the-fly macro recording
  • USB, 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports allow for easy cable routing
  • Easy access media keys for convenient volume control and media playback
  • 10 key rollover for extreme anti-ghosting
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by ARVIN B CASTRO :star::star::star::star::star:

160 people found the following review helpful

Premium Looks and Style with the Performance to Match...

Razer's Blackwidow Chroma keyboard is serious bit of kit, made to take abuse of serious gamers and key-pushers. Solidly built with a nice heavy weight to it, the Blackwidow feels like the premium product Razer intended it to be. The mechanical switches are very satisfying to use, resulting in a pleasing feel that makes typing a joy. When gaming, this feel contributes to a nice sensation that confirms that each individual key press is activated exactly as intended. Having used Cherry MX Blue switches on OEM Cherry keyboards extensively in my professional career, I can report that Razer's "Green" switches do have a shallower activation point as well as a lighter action overall. They're not as loud as Cherry MX Blues, either. Having said this, if your a fan of MX Blues, the Razer switches are different enough that you should definitely try before you buy.

The Blackwidow is wonderfully straightforward in terms of key layout and functions. There are only 5 multi-function keys (fully-programmable using Razer’s Synapse software) and a full-sized number pad. The media control functions must be activated by pressing and holding down the FN key. This is different than many keyboards where the media controls are either direct access, or usable sans the FN key. My former keyboard, Microsoft’s excellent Sidewinder X6, had analog-style knobs to control volume as well as keyboard lighting. For me, this remains the most elegant solution…

This being a Chroma version of the Blackwidow, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the RGB lighting effects. Bright, vivid and dramatic, they really make this keyboard stand out from the rest of the premium/gaming category. Both Razer and Corsair have the most powerful RGB features on the market, with both companies lighting each and every individual key. But what sets Razer apart is that they use a white membrane to “back” the keyboard switches, making the lighting effects much more powerful and giving the colors added “pop”. The Synapse software may not be as customizable (currently) as Corsair’s, but it far easier to use in both customizing the lighting effects, and more importantly, customizing the key functions as well as setting up user and gaming profiles.

So, there you have it. The Razer Blackwidow Chroma is an excellent choice as a premium keyboard that can satisfy the PC gaming/enthusiast crowd. The construction and parts used are first-rate and the Chroma RGB lighting is best-in-class, IMHO. If you’re looking for a keyboard to compliment that high-end, custom PC rig you’ve built (and want performance to match it’s looks), you should have the Blackwidow Chroma at the top of a very short list…

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Fully Programmable and 5 Macro Keys

Walmart Review by Z3R0FiR3 :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

1 people found the following review helpful

Nice Keyboard!

Very spiffy keyboard. Colors are beautiful, but not extremely bright. Easy to figure out how to use everything. But, personally, haven't found a use for the macro keys.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Fully Programmable and 5 Macro Keys

Maybe this video can help

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: The Colors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA2kkvoB-0o

Best Buy Review by XboxOneColoredController :star::star::star::star::star:

Amazing keyboard, built to last!

Build Quality: 5 out of 5

This keyboard simply feels amazing. It has very responsive tactile keys that provide amazing feedback. Sure they’re not Cherry MX switches, however they’re still amazing nonetheless. I would place their tactile feedback somewhere between Cherry MX Brown and Cherry MX Blue switches. They also have a nice resistance to them so if you’re like me and you are a ‘heavy typer’ that usually depress the key all the way to the bottom of the channel, then this keyboard will be your best friend.

Ergonomics Quality: 3 out of 5

While this keyboard looks and feels amazing, it’s also not very ergonomic (but honestly, you’re not expecting that if you’re buying a mechanical keyboard now are you?). If you have arthritis or carpal tunnel I would recommend you stay away from any mechanical keyboards.

Lighting Quality: 5 out of 5

Simply put this keyboard is amazing. It looks amazing when you have it cycling all the 16.8 million colors it’s capable of and their vibrancy and intensity are insane. I’ve never seen something this colorful when in use. The keys have a soft-ish feeling to them and their laser-cut keys are intense. With Razer Synapse (the controlling software + drivers) you can dual layer your effects, so for me I have mine cycling all colors fluidly, while every key I press sends a very vibrant blue ripple across the whole of the keyboard. It looks amazing.

Features Quality: 5 out of 5

It has USB and Analog Headphones / Mic passthrough, so you can bring up next to you a jack for your headphones and microphone (separate 3.5 mm jacks) as well as a USB slot for quick use of a flash drive or other USB device. It also has five programmable macro keys that while I personally don’t use them, with the Synapse software you can set them to do almost literally anything, in game and out of game. You can also set them up to change depending on what game you are running, or if you are simply on your desktop via profiles you set up in Synapse. You can even set it up so that when Synapse detects that you are running a particular .exe (specific game, program, etc.) it will automatically switch to that profile for you so that you don’t have to remember to do so every time you switch programs/games. It even has a massive amount of N-Key rollover, so you can literally palm the keyboard and it registers every key every time.

Longevity Quality: 5 out of 5 (thus far, almost 2 years ownership)

So I bought this back in 2014 and thus far it has yet to show any signs of wear (aside from skin oils getting onto the keys and making them a bit shiny, etc - normal wear). Tactile feedback in every key is amazing still to this day. Colors are all still as vibrant as the day I pulled it out of the box. I’ve even had rage moments in a few games where I smashed the keyboard as hard as I could (reflexively) and it is still functioning perfectly to this day. It takes a lick and keeps on ticking.

Overall Quality: 5 out of 5

Because let’s face it, you weren’t buying this keyboard for ergonomics lol.

Recommended: YES

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Fully Programmable and 5 Macro Keys