Amazon Review by Martin C
69 people found the following review helpful
Convenient size, but some design flaws
I've had this microwave for about a year and am moderately happy with it.
- It’s quite small, so it fits in a space under the counter that works well in my kitchen. I wasn’t able to find many options in this size.
- It’s a little more attractive than in the picture. It’s shiny stainless steel.
- The door handle is easy to work with and keep clean.
- The door is completely opaque, so you can’t see what’s going on with your food.
- There’s no “minute plus” button, so you have to enter times manually. It’s easy (at least for me) to accidentally hit a number twice, so I’ll enter 13 minutes instead of 1:30. To change this, you have to stop it and then click on a “reset” button that is a little hard to find. There are no big buttons for simple tasks.
- The ‘popcorn’ button does not work well at all. My last microwave would cook bagged popcorn to perfection. I could put it in and walk away and it wouldn’t burn. With this one, only about 1/3 of the popcorn will pop with the default setting. Adding time hasn’t helped that much either. For some reason the bags will often split before the corn pops.
- The rotating dish seems to slip out of its track very easily, causing it to rattle around.
- It beeps about 5 times when it’s done. If you don’t open the door, it will beep again after a while. And again, and again. I’m on the fence as to whether or not I like this feature.