RHA T10i High Fidelity, Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone with Remote and Microphone ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

reid-heath-ltd

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 161 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 161 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Handmade, high-fidelity dynamic driver (770.1 model) engineered to accurately reproduce all genres of music with high levels of clarity, detail, and imaging.
  • Noise isolating design.
  • Metal injection molded, stainless steel construction.
  • Interchangeable tuning filters with holder.
  • 3-button remote and microphone for use with compatible Apple devices.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Mike :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

47 people found the following review helpful

The good and the bad with T10i....

I tried to make it fair and let them burn-in for 40 hours or so. I would also like to note that I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate a balanced bass (not a basshead, but on the bassy side) and low/high mids.

The Good:

1. They stay in your ear, no matter what. These headphones have a top-notch build quality, and after trying on dozens of in-ear headphones, these are probably the best out there in terms of ideal fit. The box comes with more than enough ear tips so you can try on and adjust one for your ear canal. If this doesn’t work, you can always purchase Comply Tsx-200 Comfort PLUS Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pair, Mixed) or Comply T-200 Isolation Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pairs, S/M/L).

2. Mic is comparable to Apple’s headphones. This is something that is hard to find among headphones with a remote+mic. Usually the mic is horrible in terms of noise reduction and overall call quality.

The Bad (unfortunately, here the T10i excel) :

1. Sound quality is one of the most unbalanced out there. While I appreciate strong bass, the bass at this headphones, especially at a high volume, just kills the song and starts to have static-disturbance sound in some heavy bass songs. I tested this with many songs (320kbs/Flac quality) with an iPhone 6+, and at high volumes it just sounded like a one big mess. I would even argue that Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear - Black (Apple iOS version), which is $100 less, has a more balanced sound overall than the T10i.

2. In continuation to #1, I think the company knows that their sound is unbalanced in the first place, so they provide you with a gimmicky screws that emphasize bass/treble and the “in between” reference mode. The reference is the most balanced, but again, one song can sound amazing, the other one is just a pure mess that you can’t really understand what’s going on. I even started to question my phone, but then I switched to different in-ear headphones, at the same volume level (highest for example) and everything was great again. I would say a “hit or a miss” in terms of sound, depends what you’re listening to - but the tuning of these headphones overall is just bad - especially for $200 headphones. I wonder if people who reviewed this item as 5 starts with “the most amazing sound I’ve ever heard”, really tried to listen to different in-ear headphones except for the junk Apple/Samsung give with their devices (or other stock headphones that come with music players/phones these days).

3. I don’t listen to music constantly throughout the day, so I put the headphones in my pocket and then put them on when I can. I do that about 5-8 times a day, and I find it a pain to adjust the ear tips to my ear every time I need to wear the headphones again. If you use it for a long periods of time without putting them on/off all day long, then you won’t notice this issue. The problem is basically the adjustable cable that goes around your ear - while it helps a lot to keep the ear tips in your ears, it takes longer to adjust them every time you put the headphones on.

4. They are heavy. Since they are made from stainless steal, you can feel it after an hour or so in your ear. I do appreciate that they don’t fall off though while you walk (haven’t tried while running, but I would guess the same).

5. The buttons on the remote are blended in and hard to press on. Unlike Apple’s remote, which is also blended in, the remote of the T10i is much less responsive while pressing on it. Changing a song becomes a pain, especially if you wear gloves.

Overall, I was looking for great sound and a remote+mic, so I can also make calls. For $200 pre tax, I don’t think these worth the money - especially in terms of sound quality. I think most of the money went here for the ergonomics, which is quite impressive for in-ear headphones, but soundwise it’s far behind. If you purchase these headphones, you’ll need to ask yourself the following question: are you willing to compromise sound quality for design and comfort?
I prefer keeping my Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear that fall from my ears here and there, but at least they have a better sound quality for half the price.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: RHA T10i High Fidelity, Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone with Remote and Microphone

Here is a nice video

RHA T10i: Unboxing & Review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70kSrBc5tFA