Roku 3500RW Streaming Stick (HDMI) (2014) Special VUDU Edition Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

roku

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 23576 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 53 customers
    3.7 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 23523 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• Roku 3500RW Streaming Stick (HDMI)
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Avalon36 :star::star::star::star::star:

832 people found the following review helpful

Roku Streaming Stick

Greatest thing since cornbread. I already had the Roku 3 and got the streaming stick for my living room TV which is 10 years old, but did have the HDMI plug in. I am loving it. I am a TV fanatic and tried this because cable was too costly. Believe me, I am receiving so much more than I ever got with cable and cannot believe what I am getting. The remotes are amazing because I can pause a show/program, and watch something else, and a month later go back to the show I paused or I can replay it, I am amazed. I was paying $85 for internet/phone and $130 for cable, and all I now pay is $85 and $8 a month, for 31,000 movies, actually it is even more because I get even more TV programs (Separate from movies). I save $1440 a year. I just did not realize how much free stuff was out there and I am a truly happy camper. Cable companies are going to be coming after Roku and its streaming competitors. HAHAHAHAHA - the laugh is on cable companies for giving me the opportunity to learn about this. Already recommended it to more than 15 people.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Roku 3500RW Streaming Stick (HDMI) (2014) Special VUDU Edition

thank you

NEW! $49.99 Roku Streaming Stick 3500R Unbox and Review (HDMI) With YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEukkEbjeS8

Amazon Review by John Raeburn :star::star::star::star::star:

82 people found the following review helpful

A pleasant and rewarding experience

Having never owned a streaming device of this kind, I wasn't sure what to expect. The instructions in the box are simple: Plug the Streaming Stick in to an open HDMI input port on your TV and connect the supplied power cord. Using the menu on your TV, select the HDMI port you are using for the Roku Streaming Stick. Put batteries in the remote and you're done! An animated ROKU logo appears on your TV screen and after selecting the "home" button on the Roku remote, a setup menu appears. Firstly you will select the wifi network and password you are using and then you are free to browse and select from the many channels available. Four channel choice buttons are featured on the Roku remote control representing some of the most commonly used channels but there are many more to choose from. Each channel has multiple program choices, sometimes well over a hundred, and I spent many hours just exploring the choices. Some channels require a monthly subscription to view the content, while others require a pay per view credit card payment. Other channels have unlimited free viewing of their channel content. Using the Roku menu one also has the ability to search for content using an on-screen keypad. The quality of the image on your TV can be selected between SD (Standard Definition), HD (High Definition) at 720p, or HDX (Extra High Definition) at 1020p. Some channels provide content which includes surround sound (5.1) which can be used if your TV is connected to a surround sound home theater receiver, others have content at normal Stereo. Using the Netflix channel, I found that in order to use the (5.1) surround available on some movies, I had to make the surround sound audio selection on the Roku setup menu in addition to the audio choice provided by Netflix with their movie. Prospective buyers who want to see content at HD quality should make sure that their internet service download speed is fast enough (IE has enough bandwidth). In the broadest terms, one can view standard TV quality at at least 1.5Mb/sec, where HD requires a download speed of about 3.5Mb/sec or faster. I had to contact my Internet Service Provider, and pay for higher bandwidth before I could reliably watch movies in HD quality. Even after increasing my internet bandwidth I found that with some of the program content such as news broadcasts there were occasional pauses for buffering, but this did not happen with movie channels. In conclusion, I would have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of use of the Roku system, the quality and quantity of the available program material, and the customer service provided by Roku on the one occasion I had to call them to ask about the surround sound. Five Stars is not too high a rating in my opinion.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Roku 3500RW Streaming Stick (HDMI) (2014) Special VUDU Edition