Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, Extracts Dirt and Removes Tough Pet Stains and Odors, Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

rug-doctor

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1425 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1078 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 155 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 192 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• Professional Grade carpet washer uses Dual Cross Action Brushes to scrub away dirt and remove stains. The scrub brushes deep clean each fiber from every angle and the grooming brushes polish carpet for plush results
  • 75 percent more suction than comparable machines means a quicker clean and dry time. Simply pull the Deep Carpet Cleaner to see immediate results.
  • The Deep Carpet Cleaner is CRI (Carpet + Rug Institute) rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance. It removes more dirt than comparable machines and will not void your carpet warranty.
  • The included Upholstery Tool allows you to clean furniture, upholstery and hard to reach areas. The Super Boost Spray option cleans high-traffic areas that need extra attention.
  • Quick results leave your carpet smooth, bright, fresh and clean. Quick dry takes up to 4 hours. Use Rug Doctor cleaning solutions in the Deep Carpet Cleaner for the best results
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by boatboy63 :star::star::star::star::star:

711 people found the following review helpful

Residential Cleaner with Professional Results

Let me first say, I am in no way affiliated with Amazon or Rug Doctor. I do own a 30 year old commercial Rinse N Vac and used to be a professional carpet cleaner 20+ years ago. My commercial unit is showing it's age and is a pain to get out and maneuver around. I have rented Rug Doctors in the past few years and do like their results. We talked about buying a used commercial Rug Doctor and retiring my old unit. The store rental Rug Doctors are easier to use than my older unit, but the wife and I are getting older and like things simpler and easier.

When I first saw reviews on this new model, I kinda laughed and thought it would be another one of those homeowner cleaners that would last a year, force you to buy their detergent, and then break down and force you to throw it away. The more I read into them, the better it sounded so I decided to order 1 and give it a try.

I have to say, I am truly surprised in the results. This unit works much like the commercial ones where it injects a detergent/water solution, a brush agitates the carpet, and then it vacuums up the dirty water. I have to say, we were shocked at how dirty the water was that came out of a homeowner unit. Honestly, the water looked dirtier than what we got by using a rental. This unit does agitate the carpet upward in a way that works the dirt loose, pulls the dirty solution up, and actually raises the carpet knap back up. I recommend overlapping the cleaning path by 50% and pulling it back at about 1 foot every 2-3 seconds. If you go too fast, it doesn’t have time to work. You may have areas that require multiple paths on it to clean it, but that’s normal in high traffic areas. It also pulls a remarkable percentage of the solution back out of the carpet and allows it to feel almost dry immediately. I would say it leaves the carpet feeling as dry, if not drier than the rental machines, not to mention these units are lighter and easier to use.

These units are residential units and are made primarily from plastic. This is not a problem if they are being used by adults who are aware of what they are doing. Don’t expect to slam it into a brick fireplace without possible damage. The upholstery tool is also plastic, but then again, it is designed to clean cloth. It even has a stationary brush made into the underside of the tool to allow you to scrub the solution into upholstery and vacuum it back up. Both fresh water and dirty water tanks are also plastic, but they are strong enough to tolerate normal use. They hold smaller amounts of solution than a commercial unit, which means more frequent dumping of dirty water and refilling of clean water. This unit is lighter which means it doesn’t require the struggle to use it like a rental unit.

Another tip…you can use detergents other than their “branded” offerings. I personally use a degreaser or even a quality liquid laundry detergent. If you use laundry detergent, just make sure it is the “HE” (high efficiency) type for newer washers since this type does not foam up. Also, use a smaller amount such as 1 ounce per tank. The major misconception by homeowners when it comes to cleaning carpet is the amount of detergent required. If you have a tough spot, pre-spray it with a spray bottle filled with a stronger mixture. Don’t mix all of your solution strong that sprays from the unit just to clean a few spots. The more detergent, the higher the chances of the carpet getting dirty faster due to the sticky detergent residue that will be left behind. Also, if you still find a problem with a spot after pre-spraying it and using the Rug Dr, simply prespray again, give it a couple minutes, then go over it with the Rug Dr at an angle 90 degrees from the way you first went over it. This sometimes helps to release the spot.

To sum it up, if you use this unit as an adult, it should give you great service. It would be fine for using at home or at a rental property, but I wouldn’t want to start using it commercially. The unit is much lighter and can be used by most anyone. If you still can’t make up your mind, go ahead and get 1 of these units. They do what they were designed to and they do it very well. Furthermore, once you own your own unit, you can spot clean any time you need to instead of waiting til your carpet gets bad enough to justify a rental. You can have it up and going in a couple minutes and then clean it and put it back up in a short time too. Also, by owning your own unit, you don’t have to worry about who’s home it was in before. We will probably use ours monthly since it is so convenient to have around.

Edit
The video posted above is from about 3 weeks ago. This is a rental property that we own. Tenants were there for 6 months and I cleaned the carpet before they moved in. The first pic in the video shows the carpet on the day they moved out. The 2nd pic is while I was cleaning it with my Rug Doctor…notice the dirty water in the tank on the carpet. The 3rd pic is after I finished cleaning it. Tenant claimed she cleaned it 1 week before they moved out. You can make up your own decision on that one. Needless to say, their eviction was not a friendly process. I posted these pictures on her fb page and her sister tried to tell me that it wasn’t the same carpet. She tried to say I replaced it after they moved out. Also, this carpet is 20 years old so it just goes to show that normal cleaning will make carpet last longer.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, Extracts Dirt and Removes Tough Pet Stains and Odors, Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office

Best Buy Review by dbaker530 :star::star::star::star::star:

Couldn't believe my carpets...

So I currently rent and as anybody knows that rents, more often than not the carpet is a light color and not the greatest quality. It makes sense. So with our off-white carpet is a lot of stains from spills or just tracking in debris in a city that rains A LOT! I was tossing around the idea of renting a Rug Doctor or just buying a Bissell carpet shampooer. I have had 2 different Bissell and a Hoover shampooer in the past. The Bissell worked great! I knew that is what I wanted. Not wanting to spend the cash right now I decided to just rent a Rug Doctor from the store. After seeing what it cost to rent, and having the 24 hour time limit for it, I decided I would just suck it up and buy it. Ill just make payments on my college tuition this semester. I researched the Rug Doctor Deep Clean for about a week. Reading reviews from multiple sites, watching videos, and most importantly looking for the cheapest price so I could price match with Best Buy. Save money AND get reward points. Well turns out Best Buy still had the cheapest one I could find so it worked out anyway. Anyway, back to the machine. I read a lot of reviews on how good it cleaned. I also read some bad reviews on the tank leaking and the fact that the tanks are small. I weighed the pros and cons and decided to buy one. There is always the return policy if it didn't meet all the hype. Here is where I became a believer...

Upon opening the box it was ready to go. Really. I didn’t have to assemble one part. I took off the shrink wrap and filled the tanks. I looked for flimsy or cheap parts and there really isn’t any.

The tanks are very easily labeled and the lid to the fresh water tank has a built in cap that serves as a measuring cup for solution. I thought that was very cool. Everything on the machine is labeled and you really don’t have to do much. The dirty water tank doesn’t have a lot of hard to reach crevices in it either where some machines collect dirt that you can’t get out. A simple rinse and it looked brand new again. I will say that it does leak a little water if you fill the clean water tank with HOT water. I mean the heat is going to expand and I guess it has to go somewhere. It seemed to get a lot better the more I filled it. I spilled a little my first 2 times and it didn’t seem to happen anymore after that. My water get VERY hot so I just turned it down a little. Also, the tanks are small. I live in a small apartment so it doesn’t bother me, but a large house would get kind of annoying after awhile. Once you see how it cleans though, you won’t care. And it is super easy to fill/empty the tanks.

So there I was. I mixed the solution and fired it up! It took a few trigger pulls to get the solution though the hoses to the floor but once it did it actually performed beautifully. It was easy, not as loud as my Bissell, the water was constant, and best of all it sucks up about 70% of the water you spray. The carpets are damp, but they dried in about an hour or two. The tanks may be different sizes also, so lets say the 70% figure I gave may not be that accurate.

I did one pass with the shampoo and then one pass with just water to rinse. I did notice that I was going though a lot of solution. I was going slow like I had to with my old Bissell. I sped up my pace and I covered a lot more carpet per tank and it still cleaned as good. I did half my living room and the results were night and day. Just a simple shampoo and rinse. In fact I don’t even know if I needed the rinse. I’m kinda weird and didn’t want any shampoo on the carpet so I rinsed anyway. I could visually see the difference. I do not even have pets or anything. Just tracking in stuff.

After ordering some take-out (shopping makes you hungry) I finished the living room. This is where I really became a believer. All the spots, GONE! Like seriously looks like new carpet. I actually tried to find a stain or dirt or anything. I could not believe it. I figured people just exaggerated in the reviews. By the way, how do you get free stuff to write reviews? I always see people post that they received a free product in exchange for a review. I want to do that! If you are a company reading this, send me free stuff. I’ll tell you all about what I think.

So anyways… There is this brush on the bottom that goes back and forth before hitting the roller. It is supposed to clean all sides of the carpet. I figures it was this cheap addition they added to have another selling point and jack the price up. Well turns out that little brush works. The carpet is so soft. I didn’t care if it was still wet. I kept walking back and forth because I couldn’t believe it. I even made my roommate fell it. He thought I was crazy. He also couldn’t believe how well it cleaned. His next words were “Can I borrow that to do my room?”

To recap, this machine works better than I ever expected it to. Will it break it a few months or years from now? I don’t know. I bought the $25 2-year warranty from Best Buy if it does. All I know is that I never expected to get excited over carpet shampooing and this machine has done just that for me. Buy one. Buy one for a friend. Heck, buy me another one. Its worth it. Actually buy some shampoo. It comes with 9oz of solution which is 3 tanks. The provided sample solution is what I used so I can only image what their more expensive bottles do.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, Extracts Dirt and Removes Tough Pet Stains and Odors, Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office

thank you

Watch This Before Buying Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjUEtiwMLPo

Walmart Review by boatboy63 :star::star::star::star::star:

723 people found the following review helpful

Residential Carpet Cleaner = Professional Results

Let me first say, I am in no way affiliated with Walmart or Rug Doctor. I do own a 30 year old commercial Rinse N Vac and used to be a professional carpet cleaner 20+ years ago. My commercial unit is showing it's age and is a pain to get out and maneuver around. I have rented Rug Doctors in the past few years and do like their results. We talked about buying a used commercial Rug Doctor and retiring my old unit. The store rental Rug Doctors are easier to use than my older unit, but the wife and I are getting older and like things simpler and easier.

When I first saw reviews on this new model, I kinda laughed and thought it would be another one of those homeowner cleaners that would last a year, force you to buy their detergent, and then break down and force you to throw it away. The more I read into them, the better it sounded so I decided to order 1 and give it a try.

I have to say, I am truly surprised in the results. This unit works much like the commercial ones where it injects a detergent/water solution, a brush agitates the carpet, and then it vacuums up the dirty water. I have to say, we were shocked at how dirty the water was that came out of a homeowner unit. Honestly, the water looked dirtier than what we got by using a rental. This unit does agitate the carpet upward in a way that works the dirt loose, pulls the dirty solution up, and actually raises the carpet knap back up. I recommend overlapping the cleaning path by 50% and pulling it back at about 1 foot every 2-3 seconds. If you go too fast, it doesn’t have time to work. You may have areas that require multiple paths on it to clean it, but that’s normal in high traffic areas. It also pulls a remarkable percentage of the solution back out of the carpet and allows it to feel almost dry immediately. I would say it leaves the carpet feeling as dry, if not drier than the rental machines, not to mention these units are lighter and easier to use.

These units are residential units and are made primarily from plastic. This is not a problem if they are being used by adults who are aware of what they are doing. Don’t expect to slam it into a brick fireplace without possible damage. The upholstery tool is also plastic, but then again, it is designed to clean cloth. It even has a stationary brush made into the underside of the tool to allow you to scrub the solution into upholstery and vacuum it back up. Both fresh water and dirty water tanks are also plastic, but they are strong enough to tolerate normal use. They hold smaller amounts of solution than a commercial unit, which means more frequent dumping of dirty water and refilling of clean water. This unit is lighter which means it doesn’t require the struggle to use it like a rental unit.

Another tip…you can use detergents other than their “branded” offerings. I personally use a degreaser or even a quality liquid laundry detergent. If you use laundry detergent, just make sure it is the “HE” (high efficiency) type for newer washers since this type does not foam up. Also, use a smaller amount such as 1 ounce per tank. The major misconception by homeowners when it comes to cleaning carpet is the amount of detergent required. If you have a tough spot, pre-spray it with a spray bottle filled with a stronger mixture. Don’t mix all of your solution strong that sprays from the unit just to clean a few spots. The more detergent, the higher the chances of the carpet getting dirty faster due to the sticky detergent residue that will be left behind. Also, if you still find a problem with a spot after pre-spraying it and using the Rug Dr, simply prespray again, give it a couple minutes, then go over it with the Rug Dr at an angle 90 degrees from the way you first went over it. This sometimes helps to release the spot.

To sum it up, if you use this unit as an adult, it should give you great service. It would be fine for using at home or at a rental property, but I wouldn’t want to start using it commercially. The unit is much lighter and can be used by most anyone. If you still can’t make up your mind, go ahead and get 1 of these units. They do what they were designed to and they do it very well. Furthermore, once you own your own unit, you can spot clean any time you need to instead of waiting til your carpet gets bad enough to justify a rental. You can have it up and going in a couple minutes and then clean it and put it back up in a short time too. Also, by owning your own unit, you don’t have to worry about who’s home it was in before. We will probably use ours monthly since it is so convenient to have around.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner, Extracts Dirt and Removes Tough Pet Stains and Odors, Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office

@marko thank you