Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UM43) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

sabrent

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 9286 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 9274 customers
    4.3 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 12 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• 4 Ports (output)
  • 1 Port (input)
  • Blue LED indicates power status for each port
  • Supports transfer speeds up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0), 480Mbps (USB 2.0), 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
  • Reverse Compatible USB 2.0 and USB 1.1
  • Easy to setup: Plug & Play and Hot Swappable
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Zombiederf :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

8 people found the following review helpful

Haven't bought it

But remember that it requires a USB 3.0 port to plug in (usually a blue colored port like the ones this item has) if you plug it in a 2.0 or less, it will run like what it was plugged in as it's like trying to start and run a car with a lawnmower battery.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UM43)

Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UM43)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d93pxbU5nHg

Amazon Review by Reggie Hale :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

63 people found the following review helpful

Should be a 5-Star product, but one MASSIVE defect makes it useless.

Let me begin this review by saying that I want to give this product five stars. It is truly an excellent little USB Hub and I am beyond impressed by its performance and speed for the price.

There is, however, one critical flaw in my particular hub that based on other reviews is a fairly common problem, and that is if the cord moves even the slightest bit, it momentarily interrupts the flow of data/power, causing all devices to be disconnected. As a producer who was hoping to use this hub in my home studio and for live performances, this is absolutely unacceptable as I cannot have my midi controllers, audio interface, and hard drive disconnected in the middle of writing or, worse yet, in the middle of a live set!

I have never had USB connection issues with my laptop before, so I have become truly frustrated with this connectivity issue. Like I said, this BY ALL MEANS should be a 5-Star product, but the connectivity defect has rendered this hub entirely useless for me.

I suppose the only bright side is that I am now in need of more that four ports, and have been looking to upgrade to a powered hub anyways, but because of this defect, I am seriously questioning whether or not to buy it from Sabrent.

CONCLUSION: Good product IN THEORY.
BUT disconnects when moved even slightly.
Many people have had zero issues. It’s your gamble.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UM43)