• Side impact protection
  • 3-position recline for a good fit in car
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Amazon Customer :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

313 people found the following review helpful

Decent without the bells and whistles

Since so many compared the two models in my photos, I ordered both to make my decision. Safety First Go three-in-one and Graco four-ever

Both recline to the same point when sitting on a flat surface! They have different intervals to get there, but both get to the same point. Taking a closer look, though, the Safety First model will sit in a more reclined position when the line is parallel whereas the 4 ever required more incline (books) to achieve a centered bubble (child would be more upright in the Graco than the Safety First). See photo. I stacked booked under the hind-side to adjust to the proper level. Both seats are in the most reclined setting.

The Graco has more height in the headrest. Significantly so. I was surprised how little adjusting there is with the Safety First.

The Graco is more narrow so will fit in the car better. It is still sufficient in size for a boost-aged child. I fit in it (barely). Plenty of padding for a little baby. I would feel safe putting an infant in either.

Graco material seems more water-resistant and the foam feels denser like a memory foam.

Both adjust easily in regard to recline and headrest positions and strap tension. Both have the easy release button.

The Graco is much heavier than the Safety First.

Others have mentioned the latch system to be different. (Graco being easier). I have not installed them in the vehicle yet and cannot attest to that.

I hope this helps! This is the review I was looking for when trying to make a decision. In the end, we’ll be keeping the 4 ever and either returning the Safety First or keeping it for our second vehicle.

Photos: upright & highest setting, upright & lowest setting, all the way reclined in lowest setting, and side view to show amount of lift required on solid ground in order to achieve proper line/bubble placement when fully reclined.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Safety 1st Grow and Go 3 in 1 Car Seat - Blue Coral

Walmart Review by brian :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

Horrible Car Seat

This car seat, despite it's moderate range price, is very cheaply made and difficult to use. After six months, the strap mechanism has completely broken and the straps are now stuck. Pieces that cover up the hardware have also ripped off or come loose, despite no real wear and tear, another reason we've found it so cheap. When we contacted Safety 1st to file a claim under the 1 year warranty we were treated as if we just didn't know how to use a car seat, and were told we would need to send in video of us demonstrating the problem to move on with the warranty process. Ridiculous. I would not recommend this seat of Safety 1st to anyone.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Safety 1st Grow and Go 3 in 1 Car Seat - Blue Coral