• Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 621 customers
    4.8 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 579 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology
  • Optimized Performance for Everyday Computing.
  • Incredible Sequential Read/Write Performance : Up to 540MB/s and 520MB/s Respectively, and Random Read/Write IOPS Performance : Up to 98K and 90K Respectively
  • Endurance, Reliability, Energy Efficiency, and a 5-Year Limited Warranty
  • Included Contents: 2.5" (7mm) SATA III (6GB/s) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included).
  • Free download of Samsung Data Migration and Magician software available for easy installation and SSD management
  • Windows 10/8/7/Vista SP1 and above (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64 bit), Linux Compatible
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Musician :star::star::star::star::star:

4 people found the following review helpful

Perfect

This is the ultimate upgrade for your desktop or laptop.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM)

Here is a nice video

Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcdmHQbmVh8

Amazon Review by Nathaniel Acevedo :star::star::star::star::star:

832 people found the following review helpful

I would recommend running a read/write speed test using an app like ...

Thanks to a few Youtube reviews, I selected the 850 EVO (250) for my Macbook Pro (2013). For those who are on the fence, I would recommend running a read/write speed test using an app like blackmagic via the apple app store. My original rating was roughly 25MBs write and 50MBs read, with the standard 500GB HDD. I used a simple SATA adapter cloning kit for under $20 to connect the 2.5 SSD to my MAC via USB. Once you connect the drive, the system disk utility launches and you can rename and partition the SSD- easy. I used the Carbon Copy Cloner trial version cloning software after i partitioned the drive and transferred all data via cloning utility. The transfer took less than 15 minutes and verified successful transfer via disk utility. Once done, I powered off and removed the back case of the Macbook- removed the four screws that retained the HHD and slipped the SATA connector off. I connected the new SSD via the SATA connector and replaced all retaining screws (after removing the hex screws from the HHD, I placed them on the new SSD). Upon powering back up, there was a slight delay but once done- perfect. My speeds boosted to about 330MBs write and over 500MBs read (**disclaimer** this number will vary based on what you have running while conducting the test). No problems as of this post, apps launch much faster and you will be amazed at how quick the OS launches after you power up or log-in. Great purchase for great price, speedy delivery and with the use of simple cables- you will be happy Im sure. Leave me a msg if you have a question.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM)

Best Buy Review by josephnrei :star::star::star::star::star:

Fast Drive Gives New Life to Old iMac

I installed this in my mid-2010 iMac 21.5" doubling the storage capacity in the computer (I was running out) and dramatically improving the speed! This is a real world usage bump in speed (opening applications, copying files, booting up, switching users, photo editing, etc.) where disk IO is the bottleneck.

This won’t speed up the processor and video card, for instance, so games won’t run much faster for instance (levels may load faster though) as those are more dependent on processing power.

The 2010 iMac 21.5 only has SATA II so I knew the speed would top out at 300MB/s while the drive itself is capable of almost double that. That is still 10 times faster than the drive I had before (a 7200 RPM hard drive that was getting a little over 30MB/s). I am definitely getting 300MB/s read/write speed so this is working awesome so far!

The difference is pretty stunning as this is the biggest upgrade I think you can do on a fairly old computer (already had 8GB of RAM and you can’t upgrade the processor due to the proprietary motherboard of the iMac).

Honestly, my 5 (!) year old laptop is much faster (I mean noticeably) in real world usage now than a brand new maxed out Dell laptop I use at work with a conventional hard disk drive. SSD is worth every penny in my opinion!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM)