Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::star: by 17706 customers
4.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 16042 customers
    4.8 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 1074 customers
    4.9 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 590 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology
  • Optimized Performance for Everyday Computing.
  • Incredible Sequential Read/Write Performance : Up to 540MB/s and 520MB/s Respectively, and Random Read/Write IOPS Performance : Up to 97K and 88K Respectively
  • Endurance, Reliability, Energy Efficiency, and a 5-Year Limited Warranty
  • Included Contents: 2.5" (7mm) SATA III (6GB/s) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included).
  • Free download of Samsung Data Migration and Magician software available for easy installation and SSD management
  • Windows 10/8/7/Vista SP1 and above (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64 bit), Linux Compatible
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Nathaniel Acevedo :star::star::star::star::star:

832 people found the following review helpful

I would recommend running a read/write speed test using an app like ...

Thanks to a few Youtube reviews, I selected the 850 EVO (250) for my Macbook Pro (2013). For those who are on the fence, I would recommend running a read/write speed test using an app like blackmagic via the apple app store. My original rating was roughly 25MBs write and 50MBs read, with the standard 500GB HDD. I used a simple SATA adapter cloning kit for under $20 to connect the 2.5 SSD to my MAC via USB. Once you connect the drive, the system disk utility launches and you can rename and partition the SSD- easy. I used the Carbon Copy Cloner trial version cloning software after i partitioned the drive and transferred all data via cloning utility. The transfer took less than 15 minutes and verified successful transfer via disk utility. Once done, I powered off and removed the back case of the Macbook- removed the four screws that retained the HHD and slipped the SATA connector off. I connected the new SSD via the SATA connector and replaced all retaining screws (after removing the hex screws from the HHD, I placed them on the new SSD). Upon powering back up, there was a slight delay but once done- perfect. My speeds boosted to about 330MBs write and over 500MBs read (**disclaimer** this number will vary based on what you have running while conducting the test). No problems as of this post, apps launch much faster and you will be amazed at how quick the OS launches after you power up or log-in. Great purchase for great price, speedy delivery and with the use of simple cables- you will be happy Im sure. Leave me a msg if you have a question.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

Walmart Review by Coldfoot :star::star::star::star::star:

Worth Installing

Great product, doubled speed of my macbook pro. I did not like the fact that Samsung does not include cloning software for MAC OS X El Capitan. I used Instructions for cloning I found on YouTube by Crucial. I did not require separate software but uses El Capitan Disk utility and restore.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

Youtube video:

Computer Hardware Review: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Solid State Drive with 3D V-NAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1Xxco5-S4

Best Buy Review by tjhudson :star::star::star::star::star:

Go to drive replacement

Computer technology continues to advance- getting faster and faster. However, one critical part of your machine has not kept up- the magnetic hard drive. While the capacity of magnetic drives is way up, the speed they can provide data to the computer has not. Enter the SSD- storage technology for the 21st century. I've probably installed 10 of these in various machines at work and for friends. EVERY time the computer owner remarks how much faster their computer feels. EVERY TIME! Back when a 128Gb drive was $300 this was still a valuable upgrade. At today's prices, unless you NEED 6TB of space on your laptop, get an SSD! If you think you need 6TB, use an external drive for all that stuff (you are not a video editor are you? if so, ignore this), get an external array and put an SSD in for your primary drive. Your 3 year old computer with an SSD will feel faster than a new computer with a magnetic drive!

And STOP buying laptops with 5400RPM drives, PLEASE! Unless you are IMMEDIATELY going to replace it with an SSD. Vendors use the SLOW 5400 RPM drives to extend battery life but they make the computer unbearably slow! I frequently swap out these drives or SSDs on NEW computers as the manufacturers charge WAY too much for them.
Last tip- get the drive in the kit that includes the USB to SATA adapter. It makes moving all your data from your current drive to the SSD a piece of cake! It’s never failed me.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)