Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung-it

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 696 customers
4.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 670 customers
    4.7 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 26 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• NVMe read/write performance
  • V-nand SSD ideal for high-performance PCs
  • Compact M.2 form Factor perfect for mobile or desktop computing
  • Samsung magician software delivers SSD management and automatic firmware updates
  • Mount hardware is not included
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by dylan5299 :star::star::star::star::star:

327 people found the following review helpful

Wonderful.

This drive is the best I have ever purchased and I am now spoiled on nvme drives. Installation was a breeze and no cables to cram in behind my case either.

Make sure you read in your motherboard manual the speed at which this drive can run with certain pcie lanes being used. If I had used pcie4 on my motherboard it would be running at x2 which is half the speed this drive can utilize.

Also, to another review posted about the lanes on your CPU; Yes the 6700k has 16 lanes for use of pcie 3.0 which is used for your graphics card most of the time. HOWEVER, the reviewer failed to say that the z170 chipset hives you an additional 20 lanes. Which means your GPU can use all those lanes on your CPU and your nvme will function at its best using the chipset lanes. Intel has stated this so please please do not go out and buy a $1000 processor because you feel as if you need more lanes because you don’t. Thank you for taking the time to read my review this is honestly a very very good SSD.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)

Check out this youtube video

Samsung 960 Evo NVME SSD Review

Walmart Review by Anthony J :star::star::star::star::star:

Super fast !!!

Doesn't get any better than this. The fastest M.2 drive you can buy right now without going to a higher capacity. I use it for windows, and the applications. Games and media are stored on a regular Samsung SSD drive. The speeds are out of this world !! There's no competing with Samsung. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)

@liesbeth not sure