Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung-it

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 721 customers
4.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 670 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 23 customers
    4.9 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 28 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• M.2 (2280) - PCIe 3.0 x4 NVM Express SSD for Client PCs
  • V-NAND Client SSD ideal for high-performance tower desktops and small form factor PC’s
  • Sequential Read Speeds up to 3200MB/s and Sequential Write Speeds up to 1900MB/s
  • Samsung magician software delivers SSD management and automatic firmware updates
  • 3 year limited warranty
  • Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by dylan5299 :star::star::star::star::star:

327 people found the following review helpful

Wonderful.

This drive is the best I have ever purchased and I am now spoiled on nvme drives. Installation was a breeze and no cables to cram in behind my case either.

Make sure you read in your motherboard manual the speed at which this drive can run with certain pcie lanes being used. If I had used pcie4 on my motherboard it would be running at x2 which is half the speed this drive can utilize.

Also, to another review posted about the lanes on your CPU; Yes the 6700k has 16 lanes for use of pcie 3.0 which is used for your graphics card most of the time. HOWEVER, the reviewer failed to say that the z170 chipset hives you an additional 20 lanes. Which means your GPU can use all those lanes on your CPU and your nvme will function at its best using the chipset lanes. Intel has stated this so please please do not go out and buy a $1000 processor because you feel as if you need more lanes because you don’t. Thank you for taking the time to read my review this is honestly a very very good SSD.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW)

Best Buy Review by Seneca :star::star::star::star::star:

Blazing Fast Speed!

Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive:

Pro’s: Wicked fast, easy to install, large 500GB capacity, Samsung brand is the best in the world for SSD speeds and are exceptionally reliable.

Con’s: Doesn’t make coffee or crispy, delicious bacon in the mornings.

Other thoughts: I have this 500GB and two 250GB M.2 Samsung 960 EVO’s in current PC, each dedicated to its own game, along with a pair of 500GB Samsung 850 2.5" SSD’s set up in RAID 1 for my OS, basic software and apps. 8 second boot time for windows and near instant load time for games… Blazing Fast!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW)

Maybe this video can help

The Samsung 960 NVMe SSD range of M.2 Walkthrough and Talkthrough in PRO and EVO 2TB, 1TB and 500GB

Walmart Review by :star::star::star::star::star:

Fast Awesome Drive!

Intel's NVME drives pale in comparison to this guy. The drives are no longer bottle necking your system. Probably overkill for most people.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW)

@barbarogailee not sure :confused: