Samsung EP-PG920IBUGUS Wireless Charging Pad with 2A Wall Charger- Black Sapphire Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 17847 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 9240 customers
    3.9 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 8078 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 529 customers
    3.6 out of 5

Features

• With this stylish accessory, you can charge your compatible Galaxy smartphones, and other Qi-compatible devices, without the need to plug your device in to a wall charger or USB port.
  • The Samsung Wireless Charging Pad utilizes Qi Inductive Charging Technology that eliminates the need to attach a charging cable every time you want to charge your device.
  • You can still use your device while charging, and your device is always accessible so you can answer a call without having to unplug.
  • Retail Package includes: Wireless Charging Pad / 2A Wall Charger / User Manual / Warranty Card (standard: 1 year)
  • This is compatible with all Qi-enabled devices including from Samsung: Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S 5, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 3 (these Galaxy smartphones require Wireless Charging Battery Covers, sold separately) as well as the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 active, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note5 which do not require additional charging battery doors.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by KO :star::star::star::star::star:

839 people found the following review helpful

Excellent charger and a must have!

This is very nice looking. I saw it at the store and I'm so glad I no longer have to deal with plugging my phone in. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6.

It’s not picky about where the phone sits as a lot of other wireless chargers. The phone needs to be somewhat centered but I’ve had no issues at all!

*****I added a photo to show that it lights up blue when charging, it turns green when it the battery is full. I do have a case on it and charge it with no problems, but my case is not metal. I also posted photos showing that the phone clearly doesn’t need to be dead centered as people are complaining. I plop my phone on it and it’s fully charged when I wake up. I don’t even use the plug in charger. Some people are just expecting this to be magical or didn’t know what they were getting, some people may have a defective phone or charger. This is an excellent product, I’ve had other wireless chargers for other phones and this definitely is better than most.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung EP-PG920IBUGUS Wireless Charging Pad with 2A Wall Charger- Black Sapphire

Walmart Review by Javit :star::star::star::star::star:

90 people found the following review helpful

Absolutely Great. Make Sure You Case Is Snug

Ok, so ever since I did a report on wireless power, I have been obsessed. This is close range wireless power... cant wait for long range to mature. Anyway... I was totally excited to get this with my note 5, but extremely disappointed that it wasnt working well. It kept dropping the charge. Turns out it was my case. I have an otterbox defender, which is a fairly thick case. I removed the case and tried it again. This time it kept charging. Once I replaced the case and made sure everything was aligned up properly, it started charging properly. So, make sure your case is snug to work with this little guy.

At the end of the day, its great to just drop it on the charge instead of fiddling with a plug. It will charge quicker with a plug, but its fast enough with the wireless charger.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung EP-PG920IBUGUS Wireless Charging Pad with 2A Wall Charger- Black Sapphire

Here is a nice video

Unboxing Samsung EP-PG920IBUGUS Wireless Charging Pad with 2A Wall Charger- Black Sapphire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM4rAROR3B0

Best Buy Review by jmlesko :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Product

When I became aware of the wireless charging option I decided it was something to try. I learned of various third-party offerings but didn't want to potentially degrade the water/dust resistance or possibly void the warranty, so OEM seemed worth a little extra money. Also, saw mention in various reviews of problems associated with some of the third-party options out there. I ordered this and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Wireless Charging Battery Cover (CG900IBUSTA).

Note - you MUST have either this back or some other charging back installed on the S5.

The charging pad is plug and play - literally. Plug the charging block (included) into the wall and the USB cable (included) into the charging pad. This is the identical wall charger that comes with the phone - so you now have a spare - bonus! No other setup required - except for installing the charging back on the phone. Looks nice as you would expect for a factory Samsung accessory - an attractive desk accessory. Small footprint, only 3x3 inches.

Charging works perfectly, dead simple. Using the Samsung system I have not encountered any heating problems I have seen mentioned by some, mainly non-OEM systems. Right off the charger my CPU temperature reads 93.5 and that’s not hot. Right off the charger the phone back is only slightly warm to the touch, really no more so than if it had been on a charging cable. My impression is charging takes slightly longer (no empirical evidence to prove it) , but the convenience of not dealing with the port cover or cable more than makes up for it to me. Now whenever I’m not using the phone I just set it down on the charger and it stays charged. Answering calls or messages, I just pick it up without monkeying with a cable.

Some have noted that the pad is small - I don’t see this as a problem. I have had no problems with placing the phone on the pad. The indicator light on the pad glows green when the phone is properly placed for charging, and I have not found it to be finicky at all. Nothing but gravity holds the phone in place. This should not ordinarily be a problem. If you have cats or kids or other critters that might disturb the phone on its perch, be advised.

Some have expressed dismay that it stops charging when the battery is full - well, good! Leaving a fully-charged battery on a charger is a bad idea. So overnight charging, in the morning my phone is at around 95%, and hasn’t been charging a full battery all night. Pick up the phone to reset the charging cycle, put it back down for a few minutes and top it off. Tell me you don’t pick up your phone first thing in the morning anyway! Not an issue to me, all chargers should be so smart.

I have really come to like wireless charging, especially knowing my phone’s environmental protection and warranty remain uncompromised.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung EP-PG920IBUGUS Wireless Charging Pad with 2A Wall Charger- Black Sapphire