• 5.0MP rear-facing camera
  • 8GB internal memory plus microSD slot to expand storage up to 128GB
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Jeff :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

67 people found the following review helpful

Great light phone as long as you keep it simple

I got this at a brick and mortar store on sale. What a deal! I do not use GoPhone service, I have regular ATT cell service. I just popped in my sim card and it worked flawlessly.

I used to have a top of the line expensive and high performing phone. It broke after 7 months and I decided I was fed up with expensive phones and I’d never again pay more than fifty bucks for one of these stupid things. Thanks to the Samsung Galaxy Express 3, I do not regret that decision one bit.

Pros:

• It is SMALL and LIGHT. I barely notice it’s in my pocket.
  • Cheap
  • Battery lasts a very long time. I typically have 65% battery remaining in the evening when I plug it in before bed.
  • Screen is bright and has enough space for most apps and web sites
  • Good reception and data speeds
  • No annoying quirks or problems
  • off screen buttons are great
  • speaker is loud and clear
  • the latest Android 6.0

Cons

• 8 GB storage, OS takes up 6 GB, so you have a measly 2 GB left. That means no games, no superfluous apps. Yes, it has an SD card slot, but you can’t install apps on an SD card in Android 6. Yes you can move some apps to the SD card after it is installed, but every time each app gets updated it gets moved back to the main phone storage. The SD card slot does not solve the problem of the phone’s storage being too small. This is infuriating. Flash storage with 16 GB space is nearly identical in price to 8 GB. The only reason they gave this phone 8 GB was to be jerks on purpose. I have mp3s on the sd card, but my selection of added apps is limited to Chrome, Facebook, Pinterest, Outlook, Inbox, Maps, Weatherkitty, and a few other odds and ends, but otherwise just what it came with.
  • It’s packed with horrible useless apps that you can’t delete to free up space. Namely, Samsung and AT&T bloatware. Luckily, you can at least “disable” them so they become invisible, and this also prevents them from getting updated, luckily, since that would be a waste of time.

I got this phone to simplify, and it’s great for that. If you want a thin light weight and cheap phone, all you need is phone calls, texts, internet, chat, Facebook, email, and Google Maps, this is an excellent option. If you want games on your phone, this will not work due to the small on-phone storage.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Express 3 AT&T Prepaid (U.S. Warranty)

Walmart Review by MCMR :star::star::star::star::star:

111 people found the following review helpful

Good for the price; perfect backup phone

My iPhone wouldn't charge but i couldn't get it fixed for a week, and I needed a phone in the mean time for work and such. I ran to Wal-Mart at 9pm and grabbed this puppy. It's no iPhone, of course, but it gets the basics done. I can text my family and check my work email. The battery lasted all day, through much web surfing.

I would recommend this as a backup phone, or as a starter or budget smart phone. If I had a kid that was begging for a smart phone, this is the one I’d get. It’s definitely worth the price.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Express 3 AT&T Prepaid (U.S. Warranty)

Best Buy Review by shelbydog33993 :star::star::star::star::star:

Love this little phone!!

I've needed a new smartphone for awhile now. I'm really over spending $400- $600 for a non contract phone & I'm not signing another contract again. With that being said, this led me to AT&T for a better service provider & new cheap phone & plan. This phone packs in a lot of punch for $80. You have a lot of technology loaded on this phone. You can set your unlock code to where you need it to work...anywhere outside my home is perfect. Cool new photo editing effects, an expandable memory up to 128gbs...buy a micro sd memory card, you'll need one. It's small enough for my front or back pockets, but you have a good size screen. Photos I've taken are clear & crisp, much better than I expected. It synced to my car Microsoft sync bluetooth with ease. I can't forget to mention how the battery lasts for a very long time. You can do everything on this phone as any other high dollar Samsung smartphone. In fact I just noticed that this is labeled a Go Phone...i has no idea. There are a lot more features that I haven't touched base with yet, I've only owned it 6 days so far. This phone has far exceeded my expectations, my At&t plan is $40 a month with rollover data. So if you're tired of spending a lot of money for a phone, I highly recommend this this little Galaxy! If you lose it, drown it or drop it...you're NOT out a large amount of money. Best bang for the buck IMHO.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Express 3 AT&T Prepaid (U.S. Warranty)

Here is a youtube video

Samsung Galaxy Express 3 Full Review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWN_FVSJdEE