Amazon Review by Jeff
67 people found the following review helpful
Great light phone as long as you keep it simple
I got this at a brick and mortar store on sale. What a deal! I do not use GoPhone service, I have regular ATT cell service. I just popped in my sim card and it worked flawlessly.
I used to have a top of the line expensive and high performing phone. It broke after 7 months and I decided I was fed up with expensive phones and I’d never again pay more than fifty bucks for one of these stupid things. Thanks to the Samsung Galaxy Express 3, I do not regret that decision one bit.
- It is SMALL and LIGHT. I barely notice it’s in my pocket.
- Battery lasts a very long time. I typically have 65% battery remaining in the evening when I plug it in before bed.
- Screen is bright and has enough space for most apps and web sites
- Good reception and data speeds
- No annoying quirks or problems
- off screen buttons are great
- speaker is loud and clear
- the latest Android 6.0
- 8 GB storage, OS takes up 6 GB, so you have a measly 2 GB left. That means no games, no superfluous apps. Yes, it has an SD card slot, but you can’t install apps on an SD card in Android 6. Yes you can move some apps to the SD card after it is installed, but every time each app gets updated it gets moved back to the main phone storage. The SD card slot does not solve the problem of the phone’s storage being too small. This is infuriating. Flash storage with 16 GB space is nearly identical in price to 8 GB. The only reason they gave this phone 8 GB was to be jerks on purpose. I have mp3s on the sd card, but my selection of added apps is limited to Chrome, Facebook, Pinterest, Outlook, Inbox, Maps, Weatherkitty, and a few other odds and ends, but otherwise just what it came with.
- It’s packed with horrible useless apps that you can’t delete to free up space. Namely, Samsung and AT&T bloatware. Luckily, you can at least “disable” them so they become invisible, and this also prevents them from getting updated, luckily, since that would be a waste of time.
I got this phone to simplify, and it’s great for that. If you want a thin light weight and cheap phone, all you need is phone calls, texts, internet, chat, Facebook, email, and Google Maps, this is an excellent option. If you want games on your phone, this will not work due to the small on-phone storage.