Samsung Galaxy J7 - No Contract Phone - White - (Virgin Mobile) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 605 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 270 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 296 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 39 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Virgin Mobile Service
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
  • 5.5" HD Super AMOLED Display
  • 13MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Facing Camera
  • 16GB ROM/2GB RAM
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Mohak :star::star::star::star::star:

91 people found the following review helpful

Great phone, great specs, SPECTACULAR camera

The phone is amazing! I couldn't have been happier! Though the specs are about half as good as a S7 model, the specs are great for the price (this was about $160, while an S7 goes for about $700). And while the specs are only half as good as the s7 model, they're over twice as good as other models in this price range.

And let me tell you, the camera is AMAZING. The S7 offers 4k video recording while this doesn’t, but this does have full 1080p HD recording which is really all you need. However, the megapixels on this camera for still photos even beat out the S7, and the camera of the iPhone is a joke compared to this. As a photography enthusiast, I have several different DSLRs costing well into the 1000s, but I can assure you that the photography feature on the current generation of Samsung phones is TOP-NOTCH. There’s simple point and shoot for photography amateurs and Starbucks enthusiasts, but there’s also a very in-depth and complex manual mode as well for those that want to take a bit more time to line up the perfect shot. But whether point and shoot or manual mode, the quality of photography on this phone blows me away every time.

EDIT: Photos added to the review, all photos that are added were shot in auto mode and are free of any form of external photo-manipulation (#nofilters, as the younger generations say) to ensure an unbiased review for even novice photographers. I added some landscape, close up, and portrait photos to try to give a broad range of subjects.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy J7 - No Contract Phone - White - (Virgin Mobile)

Walmart Review by ASeven :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

Above average phone

I like this phone so far but it does feel a little fragile.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy J7 - No Contract Phone - White - (Virgin Mobile)

Best Buy Review by Diane :star::star::star::star::star:

Better than you think!

I had the htc desire 816 for virgin mobile. Same camera: 13mp, 5mp. Same screen size: 5.5

The speaker isn’t that bad compared to what other reviewers say. Although the speaker is on the back of the one, compared to to the front like my old htc. My old htc phone had dual boom speakers or whatever. Sound was better on my htc phone.
There is no notification light. I’ve had this phone for almost a week now. And it has not bothered me as much as I anticipated.
The bottom buttons do not light up like high end Samsung phones, but this being my first Samsung phone, I’m not bothered by it at all.
Has a front continuous light for selfies.
Marhsmellow 6.0 is really nice. BUT.
You cannot move your app to SD card. It’s not just the phones fault. It’s marshmallow 6.0.
High phones have the setting where you can make it optional. On this phone and others on marshmallow, you have to have a brand new clean SD card, and make it “internal storage”. So it’s basically making your SD Card a part of your internal storage. You options are either internal or portable. Portable won’t allow you to make it internal, so you can’t move your apps to it, internal does. So get at least a 32gb or 64gb SD card to make it worth making your internal SD card storage.
The touch response is amazing compared to my htc phone.
The super amoled screen is very nice compared to my old lcd screen.
Overall, it’s amazing phone.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy J7 - No Contract Phone - White - (Virgin Mobile)