Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System (2015 Model) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 403 customers
3.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 289 customers
    3.6 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 114 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
  • Dolby Digital, DTS Digital Surround
  • Input: 1 USB, 1 HDMI Out, 1 Digital Audio (Optical)
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Randall W. Rasner :star::star::star::star::star:

138 people found the following review helpful

Very Pleased So Far!

I ended up purchasing this from Beach Camera due to having a special offer and saved about $20 overall and still free shipping; $20 is $20!! Anyway, my pre-existing unit was a Sony and lightning got it. I already had places to put the wireless rear speakers and unit required to go with it so that helped on installation time. It only took me about 2 hours and that included taking all of my old system out, wrapping up the wires, clean up, etc. It is pretty awesome sounding, especially given the price. I hooked this up to my Samsung TV using HDMI.

Pros: Great value
Color coded wiring for easy hookup
Great sound
Plays Netflix without a hitch so far
Has other neat features such as Mirror for looking at your smart phone or smart pad on the TV screen
Wireless (Bluetooth) rear speakers. The speakers are wired to the wireless receiver module but, no wires running to the back the room
Easy set up, period and that includes network setup

Cons: If you want your TV to play through the speakers you need to buy an optical cable and the Blu-Ray has to be powered on
I found that where the speakers plug in to the rear of the main unit seemed to not firmly seat and easily pulled out when repositioning the unit
I still have not been able to get my Ethernet cable to be recognized as a wired connection and had to use the wireless network connection

Overall, if you are on a budget such as I am, I believe you will find that the pros outweigh the cons and you will be happy with this HTIB system. Just don’t forget to order that optical cable or go to your favorite electronics store and pick one up if you want to play your TV sound through the speakers and turn your Blu-Ray unit on, or at least that’s how it was with my Samsung TV. Oh, and when you get that optical cable, it almost looks like the ends are not the right ones and most come with a small plastic/rubber cap covering the very tip and one must remove that small tip covering before inserting it into your TV and Blu-Ray.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System (2015 Model)

here is a nice youtube video

Check Now Samsung Ht-J5500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System (2015 Model)

Walmart Review by Karen :star::star::star::star::star:

10 people found the following review helpful

TWO THUMBS UP

Believe it or not this system is actually better than I thought I was buying ! I got it for my little soap kitchen but once I opened it and got to looking at it I realized it belonged in my den instead . Very nice !

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System (2015 Model)

@liesbeth Thank you