Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel 120 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (2015 Model) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1234 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 941 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 115 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 178 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• 37-Inch 120 W (2.1 channels)
  • Subwoofer: Wired 5.25"
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth
  • Wall Mountable: Yes
  • Inputs: USB, Bluetooth, TV Sound Connect, Optical
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Chrazyman :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

2 people found the following review helpful

Cheap, but ineffective

Thought this would be a good alternative for the speakers on TVs in my kid's rooms. The sound is just OK, not good. I understand it couldn't be 100% wireless, but 3 wires doesn't equal wireless to me. The power cord necessity is obvious, but it's about 12 feet long with a huge adapter box in the middle. The sub needs a wire, but should have been Bluetooth to make it closer to wireless. Then I had to have an audio cable because even though I have a Samsung smart TV that is 1 year old, the two units won't talk to each other via Bluetooth. The TV remote will also not control the soundbar so I now have 2 remotes to keep up with as well. There is a recess for the power and audio inputs in the back to help with the cables, but it only faces down so the cable that needs to go up is squished. Overall, I'm not happy with it. It's only in my kid's room so it's not that big of a deal, but I expected more from Samsung.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel 120 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (2015 Model)

Amazon Review by James :star::star::star::star::star:

257 people found the following review helpful

The sub woofer is wired with a nice long wire so you can set the speaker where ...

This is a very reasonably priced sound bar that delivers theater quality sound. The unit will accept Blue Tooth, optical, or 3.5mm jack input. My TV is over 12 years old and did not come with an optical jack for audio output. However, my Direct TV box does have optical so I fed the sound bar from it. The sub woofer is wired with a nice long wire so you can set the speaker where ever you want it near the TV. The remote is small and easy to use. If you have an Android phone, there is an app that will replace the remote.

Most important, and the reason I bought a bar, is that I have not heard voices this clearly since buying the TV 12 years ago. The details of the sound a very good and the sub woofer fills the back ground with sounds never heard before.

For the price, I can’t see how you can go wrong.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel 120 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (2015 Model)

Here is a youtube video

Samsung Black 2.1 Channel Soundbar Audio System HW-J355/ZA - Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqT6G5pYE9M

Best Buy Review by Sreekumar :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent sound bar/Music system

We purchased Samsung - 300 series 2.1-channel soundbar with passive subwoofer during black friday shopping. It arrived on time, setting up was super easy. We loved all fuctions available on this system, especially the optical input, which we currently pluged into our apple tv. We also use its bluetooth connectivity with our Nokia 640, iPad and Galaxy player. It also works well iClever bluetooh transmitter which is connected to our TV. The USB port is a real gem, our son loves this option, since we play almost all his favorite songs through it. It also has a loop fuction using which you can easily repeat your favorite songs. Overall it is a great product, whole family loves it.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung HW-J355 2.1 Channel 120 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (2015 Model)