Samsung RF263BEAESR 25.6 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2912 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::halfstar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar: by 47 customers
    1.7 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2405 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 460 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• Cool Select Pantry wTemperature Control
  • External Filtered Water
  • Ice Dispenser
  • Tempered Glass Spill Proof Shelves
  • Auto Pull Out Clear Upper Freezer Drawer
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

@fuzal thank you :+1:

Amazon Review by Michael P. :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

44 people found the following review helpful

This is really not a one star fridge, read below and you will see my thoughts

While I as well have had issues with the refrigerator I have a hard time rating this 2 stars or below like most people. And below I will explain my thoughts.

LAYOUT:
The interior design of this fridge is spot on. The top shelf folds up allowing for large bottle storage on one side. There is another shelf that pushes back into a half shelf that allows for more large item storage (we have taken that out and stored it because we figured a layout that works best for our family). The freezer bottom design is great with a second drawer on top that slides back into the fridge. It is very well designed and actually pleasant to look at when opened.

FEATURES:
There are some interesting features to point out about this fridge

1. The freezer handle lifts up before you open the freezer. This pops the freezer. Ever have that situation where the freezer sticks and it is tough to open, this design combats this.
  2. The door has a chime that alerts you if it is left open (comes in handy with kids)
  3. The adjustable shelves offer multiple options
  4. The large tray is big enough to hole a platter if you were having a party and it also allows you to adjust the temp on it
  5. The dual cooling system prevents freezer burn. We have had the fridge for almost a year and never once had freezer burn.

ISSUES:
Now as everyone reports the water did leak from the inside down under the platter tray. Call Samsung, there was a design issue, they send out a repair man and the issue is fixed. We had one come out and it to 15 mins and never had an issue again.

As for the ice machine, there is a reset button if you push that it will work again. This happened to us one time, talked with Samsung and they explain that when the fridge cycles sometimes the ice maker will not complete the cycle. Is it annoying, yes. Should this happen, no. But if hitting a reset button is the worst thing that I had to do in a year I am ok with it.

WARRANTY:
The standard is one year on parts and labor from the manufacture. This easily takes care of the drip issue. Other than that I recommend the extended warranty as I do with any large appliance, your other option is a home warranty that may cover the appliances. As our items get fancier there is more chances of them braking, it is like cars the more bells and whistles the more likely that something goes wrong.

MOTOR ISSUE:
This must have been repaired, I have no issue with this so I cannot comment on it.

PROS:
++Design
++Storage capacity
++Features
++Look
++Dual Climate System

CONS:
–Design Flaw

CONCLUSION:
The hardest call I had to make is how to rate this. I am honestly stuck between 3 and 4 stars for this item. If it were not for the repair issues it would hands down be a 5 star item. When you spend the money on an item like this you want it work right, so how to rate this is the question. If I bought a BMW and the air went out do I slam the whole car, no if it is repaired and works then there is only a minor issue. So the leak repair was done three months ago and I have had zero issue with that since. Now add in the ice maker and that has to push me to three stars. I have a hard time going to one or two, because to me that is buyers remorse or I would not buy it again. Knowing about the repair needed I would buy it again and get the repair done. The ice maker is the big thing for me that makes this a three star item.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung RF263BEAESR 25.6 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star

Best Buy Review by CharleneDamian :star::star::star::star::star:

Love this Fridge!

My husband and I have been looking at this fridge for "2" years (he doesn't like to rush into anything) and I have to say, with all the research we've done, looked at all specifications, spoken with friends and family about their fridge, what they liked and didn't like, I was thrilled when we FINALLY purchased this fridge. It keeps the food perfectly chilled, I love how the drawers for the veggies are right at my fingertips. Ice, there's tons of it. TONS of space in the freezer and the style is wonderful. My only concern were the fingerprints but when you use "Barkeepers Friend" as a cleanser, it's amazing! Many don't realize that when the film is peeled away, there is still residue on the fridge and noting will take it off, this is why there are fingerprints, but when you use "Barkeepers Friend", the fridge just sparkles! You can actually see the grain in the stainless steel, absolutely amazing! So besides the fridge being energy efficient, large inside, (love the blue lights) great size freezer and now sparkly from "Barkeepers Friend" it is everything we thought it was going to be. It may have taken us 2 years to purchase this fridge, but all the reviews, research and hours of comparison was worth it. I would recommend Samsung to everyone.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung RF263BEAESR 25.6 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star

Walmart Review by 1700lowell :star::star::star::star::star:

Reviews about compressor noise!

I'm a maintenance manager at large club of 3,500 members! We have a lot of fridges stand-up and walk in. The same with freezers! So after the few complaint noise that I just read I had to see what the problem causes the noise the same as others! So I took off the lower bottom back service cover about 7 screws and notice the clearance between the coils was about a 1/4 inch or less .So I could understand that during compressor run time the coils would barely touch the metal guard behind the coils ! So I pulled the coils toward the back of the fridge about a inch and the coils return at least a 1/2 inch and the don't touch the metal guard plate! Now it's as quite as a mouse. Love everything about the fridge. So if you can't do this small fix tell your service man! Enjoy

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung RF263BEAESR 25.6 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star