Samsung RF28HFEDBSR Energy Star 28 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Cool Select Pantry and Freezer Drawer, Stainless Steel Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1464 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar: by 53 customers
    2.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1122 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 289 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Premium external filtered water & ice dispenser, plus Icemaster icemaker in fridge
  • 28 cu. ft. total capacity: 19.1 cu. ft. refrigerator space, 8.9 cu. ft. freezer drawer
  • CoolSelect Pantry with temperature control and divider
  • 2 humidity-controlled crispers, 5 tempered-glass spill-proof shelves, adjustable shelf, 6 door bins
  • Bottom freezer drawer with EZ-Open handle, LED lighting, and divider
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by B. nguyen :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

50 people found the following review helpful

Could be better

Have had it for a week, the cons you see in reviews are mostly true, it is somewhat louder than most people expect, a bit louder than my 14-yr old whirlpool, for most people this wont be a deal breaker, the cube ice is always wet and always preceded by some crushed ice, sometimes you even get some water first then ice, i think this is one area samsung needs to improve but to be fair it seems most makes have some issue with the ice maker.

I got this frig on sale for eighteen hundred delivered at the time when most places sell it for twenty four hundred before tax so i cant complain much, a friend who also has a Samsung frig said hers was also rather loud initially but became quieter as time went on, we will see about that.

Update Oct-28-2014:
I figured out why the ice/water dispenser drips water, when it dispenses ice sometimes small pieces of ice are left in the ice chute in the door, after a while they start melting and the water leaks thru the chute door down the water/ice hole or the next time you get ice you get a small amount of water first, this does not happens all the time so to me this is not a big deal.

As far as being loud, it is rather loud but it’s nothing I can’t deal with.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung RF28HFEDBSR Energy Star 28 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Cool Select Pantry and Freezer Drawer, Stainless Steel

Walmart Review by eganjeff :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

Looks Impressive...Annoying to no end!

This refrigerator is great if your looking for a giant space to put your groceries that sounds like it eats them too. Since day one this unit has made a noise that I have dubbed "The Grum". It's a grinding hum. It's when it's making ice, or trying to make ice, which it seems to be trying to do all the time. Even if the ice is full, or you push the ice maker off button; which I'm pretty sure is made by the same people who make the crosswalk buttons at intersections. The only way to circumvent this noise is to leave the ice tray slightly out of position and shut the refrigerator door. This tricks the fridge into thinking there is no tray inserted. Second, the drawers; especially the bottom "pantry" tray is constantly jumping off track and jamming. It is very difficult to open the drawer without it coming off track unless you are VERY deliberate in pulling it exactly straight. Although it easily jump off track, it is very difficult to get back on. Overall I would NOT recommend this unit.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung RF28HFEDBSR Energy Star 28 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Cool Select Pantry and Freezer Drawer, Stainless Steel

Check out this youtube video

Samsung French Door Refrigerator RF28HDEDBSS Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5pQ05-Tv5w

Best Buy Review by BDBusdriver :star::star::star::star::star:

One of the Best Refrigerators on the market

I also did lots of research for my choice of refrigerator, and targeted a Samsung because of the quality of the HDTVs and washer/dryer I've bought from this company. We bought this new fridge model and installed it in our new house 6/19/15. After over six weeks of experience, my wife and I our very happy with this refrigerator. It is quiet. Roomy. Good ice capacity. Good lighting-LED. The 28cuft capacity counters most of the space lost in the refrigerator section due to the ice maker and water dispenser. One of the reviews I read complained of noise from the ice maker. Sure it makes noise when it drops the fresh made ice, and at first it is working hard to fill-up the ice dispenser, but that will be much reduced after a day of ice making. This fridge is super quiet otherwise. The Stainless Steel finish isn't smudge proof like the Frigidaire models, but better than most and easier to keep clean than I expected. The drawers are well laid out, and hold large quantities of meats, fruits, and veggies. My wife loves the French door models so she can place large platters in the shelving when hosting dinners or parties. You won't be disappointed if you buy this model!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung RF28HFEDBSR Energy Star 28 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Cool Select Pantry and Freezer Drawer, Stainless Steel