4.6 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 929 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 60CMR (Effective)
  • Backlight: LED
  • Smart Functionality: Yes, Built in Wi-Fi: Yes
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 29.2" x 17.2" x 3.1", TV with stand: 29.2" x 18.5" x 5.7"
  • Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 USB
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Purple Griffon :star::star::star::star::star:

1806 people found the following review helpful

like all TV's

This seems to have mixed reviews, but the negative ones did not seem to apply to me. Here's what I think: The TV itself is very light. I mounted it to the wall - but I can tell the feet would be sufficient to support it. The feet are small and hardly visible so would be essentially 'invisible' if used. This replaced an older Samsung model with 720P. The 'frame' around the new model is much smaller, so you could fit this in a smaller space if needed - the old one filled the space. The picture is very sharp. Be aware that, like all TV's, it is going to have the contrast set for 100%. I won't balance it until its on for about 50 hours, but it looks essentially the same with the contrast down to 70%. The internal speakers are sufficiently loud - although I do have this going through a receiver and external speakers, as no TV has speakers that great. The set up was easy to our WIFI, it streamed easily from Amazon, and I found the interface easy to use. It can access photo's from your computer, and will likely do many other things - I recommend downloading the online manual and reading over it. Would I buy this again? Unquestionably.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN32J5205 32-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Check this video

32" SAMSUNG LED SMART TV UN32J5205AFXZA - UNBOXING | REVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icN9uw8IlyA

Best Buy Review by Mike007 :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent value, great picture, very good sound

I bought this to replace an "off brand" (Dynex 22" 720 resolution) combo TV/DVD player for my bedroom as a second TV. I have a 50" plasma screen in the living room. The Dynex's speakers would sometimes distort when played at medium volume, but the picture was good. Going from a 22" to a 32" screen was a big improvement, and 32" is the perfect size for my bedroom application, especially with my slightly deteriorated eyesight (I'm 65 and the bigger picture makes it easier to read the guide screens etc.).

According to my research, you don’t really need a 1080 screen resolution on a 32" screen, but this set was on sale for only about $25 more than some 720 resolution models, and I’m glad I got the higher resolution because the screen is fairly close to the bed (I typically view it at a distance of about 5 feet) and when viewing high quality source material such as NFL games in HD the picture is fabulous, and noticeably better than the old Dynex. I bought the “smart” version particularly so I could easily access Netflix, but was delighted to find out I could also browse and watch You Tube. As I read in other reviews, it is disappointing that I supposedly can’t use a keyboard to search for programming within the Netflix application, but I haven’t actually tried it because I haven’t spent the money for a compatible keyboard. The regular onscreen search keyboard works OK. The TV menu is a bit awkward because sometimes it will “time out” while I’m still deciding what to select, but more use and familiarity will likely solve that.

I highly recommend playing around with the picture modes to fine tune your picture’s color resolution. I usually watch in what they call theater or cinema mode because it gives the picture a more realistic color palate. There are also adjustments to bias the sound system for such things as better speech or better music reproduction. If you don’t explore these things, you will probably still be delighted with the product, but you’ll never know what you are missing. Another concern of mine was the motion clarity of the picture. I was looking for a set with a higher picture refresh rate, but a friend of mine in the audio-video industry said not to worry about it, and that the 60 versus 120 and higher refresh rates were not that critical. There were only one or two more expensive sets that featured higher refresh rates, and I haven’t noticed a problem, although perhaps a side by side comparison would reveal a difference. As I mentioned, NFL Football broadcasts in HD are very high quality and they look great with no apparent “ghosting.”

After my research, I had decided to buy either a Samsung or a Panasonic Vizio. The Samsung fit the requirements and was priced right. I would recommend this set to anyone who wants a 32" screen, and I say “Go For” the 1080 resolution. Love this set.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN32J5205 32-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)