4.6 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1452 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 60CMR (Effective)
  • Backlight: LED
  • Smart Functionality: Yes- Built in Wi-Fi
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 36.3" x 20.6" x 2.3", TV with stand: 36.3" x 23.2" x 11.3"
  • Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 USB
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Purple Griffon :star::star::star::star::star:

1808 people found the following review helpful

like all TV's

This seems to have mixed reviews, but the negative ones did not seem to apply to me. Here's what I think: The TV itself is very light. I mounted it to the wall - but I can tell the feet would be sufficient to support it. The feet are small and hardly visible so would be essentially 'invisible' if used. This replaced an older Samsung model with 720P. The 'frame' around the new model is much smaller, so you could fit this in a smaller space if needed - the old one filled the space. The picture is very sharp. Be aware that, like all TV's, it is going to have the contrast set for 100%. I won't balance it until its on for about 50 hours, but it looks essentially the same with the contrast down to 70%. The internal speakers are sufficiently loud - although I do have this going through a receiver and external speakers, as no TV has speakers that great. The set up was easy to our WIFI, it streamed easily from Amazon, and I found the interface easy to use. It can access photo's from your computer, and will likely do many other things - I recommend downloading the online manual and reading over it. Would I buy this again? Unquestionably.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN40J5200 40-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Walmart Review by Back2Analog :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

I Thought a Smart TV Would be Better!

I probably haven't had this product long enough to review it, but so far what I had hoped for did not materialize. The picture is good, but I find the sound to be frustrating. Every time I change a channel I have to readjust the sound. And when I use my DVD player, I have to crank the sound way up in order to hear it. And the sound is not as clear a I would expect it to be. It does not support Pureflix which I was hoping for. And from other reviews, Netflix is questionable. (You may have to buy Roku and disable the security feature). But it does work with my TV Guardian for which I am happy about. And I finally was able to use the keypad (no, I don't have a Smart Phone or a laptop) and find a website, but it certainly wouldn't play all of the features on the website. And it took forever to even open it. So I gave up on that feature. So I am left with a Smart TV which is just a TV but bigger and brighter than my old analog TV that died, which is why I bought a Smart TV. No doubt I am not qualified to write a review on this TV, but as a beginner, this is what I have encountered.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN40J5200 40-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Best Buy Review by oceanadventuregirl4 :star::star::star::star::star:

Great picture

I bought this smart HDTV on Thanksgiving day since it was a terrific deal, plus our family was ready for a Smart TV. It did take more than a few minutes to attach the stand for the TV. Then there was the actual setup to connect to our home Wi-Fi. Then to scan for digital channels since we do not have cable. I was able to get my Amazon Prime account logged in. We've even logged into Netflix and HULU Plus successfully. One of the coolest features is the mirror feature. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and am able to wirelessly transmit whatever is on my phone directly to the TV. So if I have a You Tube video that I want to show someone, then I could actually show it on the larger TV screen!! The only negative I would have about the product was that one of the local channels was not being picked up by the digital receiver. We have been playing with our "rabbit ear" antenna and are now able to get the channel. Otherwise, watching movies and sporting events, like NFL, is incredibly crisp and clear. I did not think HD would make a difference, but it really does!! I am very happy with this TV!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN40J5200 40-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Here is a nice video

Samsung 40 Inch LED Smart HDTV - UN40H5203AF Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtfCgtmqUQ