Samsung UN55KU6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung
top-4k-tvs

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4076 customers
4.5 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1431 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1764 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 881 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 120CMR (Effective)
  • Backlight: LED
  • Smart Functionality: Yes, Built in Wi-Fi: Yes
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 48.9" x 28.3" x 2.5", TV with stand: 48.9" x 31" x 12.2"
  • Inputs: 3 HDMI, 2 USB
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by avirtualcfo :star::star::star::star::star:

1307 people found the following review helpful

Updated 7/4/2016-Amazon Video Support for this 2016 Model

Amazon Video is not supported for this 2016 model TV according to Amazon customer service. We are unable to even get to an Amazon sign in screen and have spent 2 hours on the phone with both Samsung and Amazon each stating it is not their issue. After discussing with Samsung and performing factory resets I was directed to call Amazon because it was a software issue. When calling Amazon, the customer service rep said they were unable to authorize a new download of the app to the TV and I had to talk to Samsung because the 2016 model was not a supported model. After expressing my displeasure, the condescending comment I received was "Are you finished talking?" and "There is nothing further we can do for you". Wow.

Samsung we tried not my problem now-Amazon just not my problem while the customer who has paid hard earned money is left with a product that does not work as advertised and for which it was purchased.

6/26/2016-After writing this review I received contact from Amazon via e-mail and phone. After discussing with technical reps a service ticket was opened and approximately 6 hours later the Amazon Video appears to be working. Samsung spent approximately 3 hours with me on the phone and once I got to the right person at Amazon, in the technical department, the customer service was tremendous. Once I have a chance to enjoy the TV and its features I will update this review to reflect the quality of the TV picture and experience post technical issue.

Updated-7/4/2016

After about a week watching this TV and the Amazon Video issues ironed out we are extremely pleased with the purchase despite the issues. Picture quality with certain Amazon Video UHD movies is incredible along with sporting events. We are streaming with Sling with the Amazon Fire Stick and the quality of picture is great along with motion rate. As a follow up to Amazon support, once we got to the right person/department it was incredible. The person we spoke to was Mike, in technical support, who assured me it would be taken care of and the issue was resolved. We even received a follow up call on July 3rd to make sure everything was working and to provide feedback on our customer service experience. Amazon-here is your feedback publicly. Thanks for making it right and taking care of your customers!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN55KU6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

Walmart Review by 56HotRod :star::star::star::star::star:

A window to the world

Back in the day, we had a small black and white tv. There were only three tv stations: ABC, CBS, and NBC. Friday night fights were all the rage. TVs back in the late 1950s was more of a novelty than a necessity, and today, it's more of a necessity than a novelty, so you're going to want the best product on the market. The reason i chose this model is twofold. I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. What better TV to integrate with than a Samsung? There isn't!!! Connectivity was a snap. Hooks up to your WIFI just as easy as your Samsung smartphone. I was viewing Amazon Prime video and Youtube in minutes. HDMI is used for my Direct TV. BTW--this tv is Direct TV ready. Win, win. I also have the old fashioned TV antenna on my roof, and let me tell you, the broadcast HD picture is amazing. You won't go wrong purchasing this or any other Samsung TV. Oh, and the picture quality--it's like being there in real life.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN55KU6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

Here is a nice video

Samsung UN55J6300 Smart TV Product Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O4aTUoHkk

Best Buy Review by DisplacedLobo :star::star::star::star::star:

Awesome TV - Great Price

Is this the newest, fanciest with all the latest technology and gadgets? Nope, but that is not what I was looking to get. If you are looking to stay with something proven, not on the leading edge of technology NOR on the leading edge of price (YEAH), this is a superb choice.

It is a size upgrade for us from a 46" Samsung purchased about 5 years ago (still working perfectly I should add). It was just time to have something a little bigger in the living room, but not something so big the whole room was overpowered. This is a great size in an average size living room, looks like it should be there.

The overall look of the TV with the simple stand is excellent. My wife is very happy with the sleekness and the footprint, it makes the whole area look cleaner.

The picture is real good, wait no, the picture is super good. Bright, clear, sharp, oh yes very nice. I’m really impressed with the installed speakers, no need to always use the Bose just to hear regular old TV shows.

The wifi works like a charm, my wife connected her phone watching youtube just last night. Things have come a long ways since my last TV purchase.

I did read reviews of this before making my purchase, the biggest complaints I saw were concerning the small simple remote. I’ve got no problem at all with the little remote with so few buttons. 1) my direct TV remote is in control most of the time. When needed to access something other than just TV, the small remote works well with the menu. Maybe I don’t use every feature on the TV possible, but so far I’m happy with the menu and access through that remote.

Yes of course there is room for improvement and maybe all this already exists on newer models, but you are reading about this model. After connecting wifi youtube between her phone and the TV, the menu across the bottom wouldn’t go away until I found the little remote and clicked it off. Not sure why that menu won’t just drop off the screen after say 10 seconds of no use?

Another area for improvement would be cord management. I used a bread bag twist tie to bring the cords together and center them so they are hidden by the stand. Would it really be so hard to put a small bracket or something on the back to keep the cords hidden?

Overall I’m very happy, this has been a great purchase, if it is as reliable and durable as the last Samsung I bought, you can bet my next TV purchase will also be Samsung. No, I don’t work for them, but hey if they have anything they need tested, just look me up :slight_smile:

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN55KU6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)