Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

samsung
top-4k-tvs

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4044 customers
4.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 929 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 2828 customers
    4.8 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 287 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• The Premium Flat 4K SUHD Picture with Quantum Dot Color Drive. Fires off a billion more colors than HD TVs for a lifelike picture(unlike anything else
  • More than just pitch black, get the best shades of black with Triple Black Technology. Never miss a detail in the dark.
  • HDR 1000 mirrors the high contrast and vividness the way movie makers intended
  • Get richer colors and deeper contrast with UHD Dimming
  • Smart 2016 - Use one universal remote to switch from Live TV to streaming seamlessly. Easily access everything you want to watch.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by BH :star::star::star::star::star:

604 people found the following review helpful

Great picture, good sound, impressive design, 100% satisfied with this TV

I'd actually rate this TV a 4.5 but I'll round up here. Overall I am 100% satisfied with my purchase but I'll go into some details. Long review coming up here... TLDR: IT'S GOOD!!!!

Picture:
I thought the picture looked fantastic right out of box without any settings adjustments. After awhile though, I noticed that when watching some shows, depending on the lighting, the colors could look too bright and made people appear washed out and unnatural looking. I started poking around in the settings and I think I’m finally happy. Here are my quick/simple recommended specs, which are taken from rtings.com’s setting, with just a couple minor changes.

-Reset all settings to default
-Change picture to Movie
-Backlight 10
-Brightness 45
-Contrast 100
-Sharpness 15
-Color 50
-Digital Clean View Off (supposedly makes low res content look better, not sure about this, can’t tell you the last time I played a DVD)
-Auto Motion Plus Auto (I hated Auto Motion on my old Samsung but the KS8000 handles it really well and looks great, imo, this one is divisive. if the picture seems to be moving too fast or smooth, turn it off)
-Smart LED Low (when on High you can noticeably see the brightness shifting in scenes, Low is more subtle)
-Dynamic Contrast Off (I don’t notice much of a difference with this, I turn it off, that’s what looks best imo)
-Color Tone Warm1 (I think Warm2 looks too dull/yellow)
-Color Space Native

I don’t mess with the more in depth color settings, that’s beyond my understanding. Oh, and turn off the power saving modes, it will dim your picture randomly, or based on the brightness of the room, which never seems correct to me.

Overall I think this gives a beautiful picture no matter what is on the screen, whites are bright and blacks are black, and every color in-between is gorgeous. And Game mode works great for video games, I don’t notice any lag whatsoever, on Game Mode it’s supposedly around 20ms. Just make sure you adjust all the picture settings again for Game mode because it initially makes the picture look super bright and grainy. All the settings I described above work in Game mode and looks pretty much identical to Movie mode.

Sound:
I expected such a thin TV to have terrible sound, but on the movie setting, this thing puts out some really surprisingly full sound with good bass. I normally watch stuff on only volume level 10-15 and it fills the room, I think if I went past 20 my neighbors would be complaining. Now people who are used to high-quality surround sound aren’t going to be impressed but if you are used to TV speakers, I don’t think you’ll have any complaints with this. Just make sure to use the Movie sound setting, standard sounds kind of dull.

Overall design:
This TV looks beautiful. Even the delivery guys that set it up asked me what kind of TV it was because they were amazed at how good it looks and how thin it is. From the side, the TV practically disappears. The only issue I could see is if you have limited space, the stands are about 4 feet apart on the 55", so you need quite a long TV stand if you aren’t mounting it

Cons:
Wide viewing angles are not the best. I have no complaints about this because I sit eye-level, straight in front of the tv, but if you have a large room with furniture all around, you might have some issues. You can still see the image clearly from the side but it loses some of the color.

The only real complaint I have with this tv is there are two dead pixels up in the top right corner. I’m counting this as an extremely small con though because I can only notice them if I am literally 2 feet away from the TV, and that doesn’t bother me enough to pack it up and ship it back. Which brings me to my next complaint (which has nothing to do with the TV)… If you are buying this TV from Amazon, please be aware that they use “specialty” shippers for large items. My delivery company was XPO, and if you haven’t heard of them, it’s for good reason. They broke my first TV during shipping, and I didn’t even get a call or email about it. The only reason I found out is because the day before my scheduled delivery, I checked my tracking and it said “Package was damaged during shipping and will not be delivered”. I then had to speak to Amazon to schedule another shipment for a week later. The package should have been delivered on a Friday, and at 10PM thursday evening, I got an email saying my package was delayed and will not be delivered. The email said they’d call me to schedule another delivery but I didn’t want to wait any longer so I called them. Thankfully, they were able to get it to me on Saturday. I have no idea why it was delayed because my package has just been sitting there at the shipping facility for 2 days. I will say though that the guys who brought were very friendly, but I thought it was really strange that they showed up in an Enterprise truck… What kind of delivery service uses rental trucks???

Smart Features:
Not much to say here, you’ve got Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and Amazon, and a bunch of other stuff you’ll never use. It all works well, no complaints, the interface is good, and so is the remote.

Final thoughts:
I can say with all honesty that this is not THE ABSOLUTE BEST on the market, and video fanatics will probably have several complaints about it (as noted by all of these unreasonable 1 star early reviews) but if you’re just an average person like me who enjoys streaming video, and playing video games, you will be really impressed with this TV, and for the price, I don’t think you’re going to find much better.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

Walmart Review by hypnosis8575 :star::star::star::star::star:

This TV meets all my expectations and more.

This TV is very Bright, and looks beautiful when playing in game mode with the Xbox one S. I play a lot of Call Of Duty and the Lag time response while in game mode is very low and I have been killing it since I hooked up this TV. I love how I can stream from any of my devices to the TV and does great. I have been watching HDR content on Amazon Prime and the shows look phenomenal. I love this TV and I will recommend it to friends and family by word of mouth. The Built-in speakers sound great. Online reviews say not too good of sound, but I beg to differ. The remote Control is awesome, I can control most of my connected devices such as the Xbox One S, my Comcast DVR Cable Box and built in apps. Bluetooth works wonderfully. At night I connect my blue tooth headphones as not to disturb anyone in the house and the sound is great. No lag with what I hear to what I see on the screen.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

Thank you

Samsung KS8000 TV Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqb_8r-JDbg

Best Buy Review by TheMacGuy :star::star::star::star::star:

Great TV

I purchased this TV because I wanted a Samsung. It is a great TV at a great price. My previous TV was a 55-inch and the 65-inch set looks good in my room. It is fairly easy to setup, but 2 people are needed to get it out of the box, install the feet and set it on the stand. I currently have it on a stand, but will probably install it on the wall later. The set is not heavy, but it is large enough so one person can't handle it alone. The feet install quite easily. They just slide in a small slot on the bottom and click into place. The 2 feet are very stable and look and work very well. There are only 2 cables to attach to the back of the TV. One is the power cord and the other is the connection box cable. All of the connections are done using the separate box. This makes it very easy to plug cables in without having to get to the back of the TV. I like this feature. The default picture setting wasn't as bright as I liked. I changed the picture type from Standard to Normal and now I am trying Dynamic. The Standard picture mode is a little muddy to me. Normal is much better and Dynamic is bright with lots of color. The Movie mode seemed real muddy. In the Normal setting I noticed that the blacks seemed crushed a little. I like blacks with some detail not a solid black. I also like a bright colorful picture. For me it was fairly easy to figure out the menu's using the remote. The remote with this set is fairly simple, not a lot of buttons. I'm use to the remote with lots of buttons. The included remote is small and easy to fit into the hand and doesn't take up a lot of space on the end table. There are buttons for power, voice command (I haven't tried this option yet), volume and channel controls, a home button, back button and circular selection with OK or enter button in the middle. The buttons are very responsive. The volume and channel button is a silver bar that you rock up or down to make the selection. The mute option is to depress the volume button down. I prefer a separate up and down button instead of the rocker bar. It is actually easy and not a problem and works very well. But my 92 year old mother has problems understanding how it works. The volume is displayed shortly on the screen as both numbers and a clock type dial that shows the amount of volume. When you first turn on the TV a home display comes up over the lower portion of the picture and stays for a few seconds before changing to another menu before disappearing. I wish the menu only came up when you pressed the home button. It as easy to setup the TV to access my home WIFI. There is a small Samsung logo at the bottom of the set that is on all the time. I wish it didn't light, but this seems to be the power on light and it isn't really noticed after you get used to it. It's not that bright. The edge around the set is very small on this model. It almost seems that the picture is floating in the air as there isn't a lot of bezel around the image. (about 1/8-inch) The speakers are on the bottom of the set and seem to work quite well. The TV can put out a lot of volume. I usually run it at about 35, which is about a fourth or third of the way up on the volume scale. I didn't purchase the sound bar, because I have it connected to my stereo speakers. But I usually just use the internal TV speakers. There is a TosLink Optical out port on the TV set connection box to feed the audio to a surround system or stereo system. This year's model of TV set eliminated the older video and L/R audio inputs. There are only HDMI inputs. So you can't connect your old VHS deck. One bit of advice, attach the cables from your cable box/ satellite box etc to the connection break-out box before putting the TV set on the stand or wall. It's much easier and you can make the cables neat and organized. The picture is great, bright and sharp. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)